Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documnets required when filing an I-130 at Beijing Embassy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documnets required when filing an I-130 at Beijing Embassy.

Please forgive me if I am going over something that has been answered before. I have looked and haven't found a concise, definitive answer to my question. The US government keeps linking to different websites that don't seem to pertain to my issue...or the information presented is vague or irrelevant. My question is, I THINK, simple (if anything connected with this process or the US government is ever simple!). I am going to submit an I-130 petition to the Beijing Embassy. I understand that I need to make an appointment, submit a completed I-130 form, pay a fee, have both marriage certificates (Chinese) and notarial copies of the same, have original passports and copies of the biographic pages of the passports, and have my "Residence Permit For Foreigners In The PRC". In addition, I am told, "There are, however, issues that the Department of State will address in determining your spouse's eligibility for an immigration visa. For further information, please visit the Department of State visa website." I visited the website, and did not find an answer to my question, namely, do I need additional documents pertaining to the issues as to my spouse's eligibility which the Department of State may potentially address? I will really appreciate some guidance on this. And please accept my apologies if I am going over old ground. It is so difficult to find concise, unambiguous information in one place dealing with immigration issues that I think I am going out of my mind! BTW, do I need to submit the I-325A form at the same time I submit the I-130 form? The Beijing Embassy doesn't mention it as needed, but other sources I have read suggest it is necessary. Typical. What idiot writes these rules anyway?
    Last edited by syzygy; 02-11-2017, 12:41 AM.

G325A forms are needed for both of you at time of submittal. For Direct Consulate processing at other locations, the sponsorship documents also need to be included.

--Ray B

Originally posted by syzygy View Post
    Please forgive me if I am going over something that has been answered before. I have looked and haven't found a concise, definitive answer to my question. The US government keeps linking to different websites that don't seem to pertain to my issue...or the information presented is vague or irrelevant. My question is, I THINK, simple (if anything connected with this process or the US government is ever simple!). I am going to submit an I-130 petition to the Beijing Embassy. I understand that I need to make an appointment, submit a completed I-130 form, pay a fee, have both marriage certificates (Chinese) and notarial copies of the same, have original passports and copies of the biographic pages of the passports, and have my "Residence Permit For Foreigners In The PRC". In addition, I am told, "There are, however, issues that the Department of State will address in determining your spouse's eligibility for an immigration visa. For further information, please visit the Department of State visa website." I visited the website, and did not find an answer to my question, namely, do I need additional documents pertaining to the issues as to my spouse's eligibility which the Department of State may potentially address? I will really appreciate some guidance on this. And please accept my apologies if I am going over old ground. It is so difficult to find concise, unambiguous information in one place dealing with immigration issues that I think I am going out of my mind! BTW, do I need to submit the I-325A form at the same time I submit the I-130 form? The Beijing Embassy doesn't mention it as needed, but other sources I have read suggest it is necessary. Typical. What idiot writes these rules anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      G325A forms are needed for both of you at time of submittal. For Direct Consulate processing at other locations, the sponsorship documents also need to be included.

--Ray B
      Thanks for your reply. I wonder why that was not mentioned on the Embassy website? "At other locations" you mean other than the Beijing Embassy? Are the requirements different? Or do you mean locations other than in China? By "sponsorship documents" what do you mean? The "Affidavit of Support"? I have just emailed the US Embassy in Beijing, telling them my understanding of what is needed and asking for their list of requirements. Hopefully I will get a responsive reply.
      Last edited by syzygy; 02-11-2017, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Some U.S. consulate/embassy locations handle the required evidence differently (all at once or staggered submittal). But you can be certain that your sponsorship documents will be needed before or at the visa interview (I-864 and supporting documents). Most visa processing is done at Guanzhou, unless there have been changes, so not sure why Beijing is the location with whom you are dealing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by syzygy View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I wonder why that was not mentioned on the Embassy website? "At other locations" you mean other than the Beijing Embassy? Are the requirements different? Or do you mean locations other than in China? By "sponsorship documents" what do you mean? The "Affidavit of Support"? I have just emailed the US Embassy in Beijing, telling them my understanding of what is needed and asking for their list of requirements. Hopefully I will get a responsive reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Some U.S. consulate/embassy locations handle the required evidence differently (all at once or staggered submittal). But you can be certain that your sponsorship documents will be needed before or at the visa interview (I-864 and supporting documents). Most visa processing is done at Guanzhou, unless there have been changes, so not sure why Beijing is the location with whom you are dealing.

--Ray B
          I'm in Jilin Province and Beijing has jurisdiction. I know the interview, etc. will take place in Guanzhou, but you can submit the I-130, etc. at Beijing which is much closer to me in NE China. I want to do the minimum (I-130 and G325A) before I return to the USA and let my wife handle the rest in China, except for the I-864, which I will execute in the USA and send to her. I think she understands the process better than I do, and can deal with people in China better than I can. Plus, I find I have less and less patience to deal with this stuff. So I hope as soon as I submit the preliminary material at Beijing (except for the I-864) I can wash my hands of it all and leave it up to her. I sent an email to Beijing trying to confirm what all I will need when I submit the I-130. I hope I get a meaningful, useful reply. Otherwise I will do my best, and hope I won't have to make a return trip home for additional documents. Why the US Government can't have all the necessary information in one place and in straightforward language is beyond me.
          Last edited by syzygy; 02-11-2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X