Needing Answers ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing Answers ASAP

I am US born citizen and my fiance is from Sweden. He is coming to the US on an ESTA on March 11 and while he is here is looking for work. He has 10 years experience in his trade and it is a needed trade in the area I live in so we don't expect there to be a problem with him finding an employment sponsor, we actually already have several positive leads and this has been our plan for many months now. We only recently got engaged on our trip to Iceland together so all of this is new to us. I have the application for the K1 visa but then I started to think and now I have questions. Given that the original plan was for him to acquire a job while on his trip here in March I'm trying to figure out if the K1 is necessary at the moment. If he is already here legally on a visa and is working legally and we were to get married during that time would the process be the same or would we just file for an adjustment of status? If i need to file the K1 I want to do it as soon as possible to start the process but if it's not necessary I'd rather save the time and money. We want to get married in the summer but don't have an exact date yet and we don't want to do anything that will negatively affect either visa at the same time. Honestly all we want is to be together, get married and start a family and the long distance has run it's course. I also don't trust lawyers so really just holding that for a last resort. Any help or direction would be so appreciated. Thank you for your time

He might be denied entry if they suspect that he is entering to stay.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      He might be denied entry if they suspect that he is entering to stay.
      right... but he's already purchased a return flight to sweden. the intention is to look for work while here on the ESTA. Hand off some resumes and do some interviews. we don't expect for him to arrive, find a job and immediately go to work. that would be amazing if that happened but not what we expect and not the goal of his entire trip. we will be vacationing and traveling across the states at the same time. My thing is if i should move forward with the K1 visa or not since this is a possibility?

Comment

you should definitely have your fiance apply for a visa that is is *most priority in coming to the US. it sounds like being married to you is his *first priority so you should go thru the k1 visa process. know that when he is approved for a k1 there time limitations in that from whenever he arrives into the US he needs to be married within 90 days, as that is the purpose of the k1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X