Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - RFE for offshore managerial experience outside US

Hi,

My company has filed L1A extension for me and I have received RFE for offshore managerial experience (last one year before coming to US).

My attorney asked me to get below things.

1) last 12 months pay statements of my offshore period.
    2) Confirmation letter from my previous manager.

I can able to provide all these details but I am worrying about approval rate of success after my response to RFE. Please let me know if it is common RFE for L1A extension. I am not sure if anyone received similar RFE during their extensions.

It will be great if someone can respond on this.

L1A extension

Hi, was the RFE through the USCIS renewal process or you applied at a consulate? I am due to get my L1A renewed and my lawyers suggested to go via consulate vs. USCIS. Can you share if you had such an option as well and what did you choose.

Comment

My RFE is through USCIS Renewal process.

Comment

I got similar RFE against my l1a extenstion , wondering anyone got approved or denie?

Originally posted by mfsrini View Post
        My RFE is through USCIS Renewal process.
        I got similar RFE against my l1a extenstion , wondering anyone got approved or denie?

Comment

Me also got the similar option? please post the response or which option would be preferable?

Comment

Originally posted by skillskg View Post
            Hi, was the RFE through the USCIS renewal process or you applied at a consulate? I am due to get my L1A renewed and my lawyers suggested to go via consulate vs. USCIS. Can you share if you had such an option as well and what did you choose.
            Your lawyers are right. Processing a L1A visa renew at consulate is faster and they say the chances of success are higher (what I don`t know - but they probably have some stats on it). That is faster, 100% sure. And the interview in the consulate is exactly the same you did to get the first visa.

They explained that the USCIS process is taking too long. Also, they will verify all the information in details again - what should not be a problem if your case is a clear-cut. In my view, if you were a senior manager (manager of managers) both ways will work fine.

The issue is that several cases of L1A holders do not meet the criteria of being Executives/managers. This is a surprise to me...I really don`t believe companies abuse the system like that by requesting a visa for someone that was not considered a Manager (more a kind of supervisor) but...being here and meeting people proved me wrong.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X