Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after GC can I apply for citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after GC can I apply for citizenship?

So I am not clear as to how fast I can apply for citizenship after receiving my Green card... ? And does this includes the 2 yrs of being conditional resident...

Or is it the amount of time u've been in USA?

Please advice...

From start date of Conditional card, if married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for Naturalizaton at 2 years and 9 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Blessing007 View Post
    So I am not clear as to how fast I can apply for citizenship after receiving my Green card... ? And does this includes the 2 yrs of being conditional resident...

Or is it the amount of time u've been in USA?

Please advice...

Comment

Thank you..

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      From start date of Conditional card, if married to a U.S. citizen, you can apply for Naturalizaton at 2 years and 9 months.

--Ray B
      And if I leave the country to go overseas, do I need to apply for a re entry if I spend a week or two with my Conditional GC?

Or would I still be able to cross border with my AP?

Comment

Your Conditional Green Card gives you the same reentry provisions as a 10-year card. You can stay out of the U.S. up to a year and then reenter U.S. If you want to stay out 1-2 years, you need a Reentry Permit. Your Advance Parole is no longer valid after you have a Conditional Green Card

--Ray B

Originally posted by Blessing007 View Post
        And if I leave the country to go overseas, do I need to apply for a re entry if I spend a week or two with my Conditional GC?

Or would I still be able to cross border with my AP?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Your Conditional Green Card gives you the same reentry provisions as a 10-year card. You can stay out of the U.S. up to a year and then reenter U.S. If you want to stay out 1-2 years, you need a Reentry Permit. Your Advance Parole is no longer valid after you have a Conditional Green Card

--Ray B

Thanks Ray

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X