Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-129F approval expiring in a week but still no interview appointment fixed

Hi,

We received our I-797 notification in early November notifying us that our I-129F petition has been approved till the end of February. My medical report was sent by the clinic to the Singapore embassy on February 1 and the DS-160 plus fees have been duly submitted prior to February 1.

To date, we have yet to receive any notification of the appointment and our petition is expiring in a week. Should we be very worried?

PS: I wrote an email to the consulate division and got a reply on Feb 3 saying that I would receive a letter when the interview is set. It's been over 2 weeks now and with the I-129F expiring soon, we're really worried about how this might pan out.
    Last edited by eevee; 02-19-2017, 11:41 AM. Reason: adding additional details

Originally posted by eevee View Post
    Hi,

We received our I-797 notification in early November notifying us that our I-129F petition has been approved till the end of February. My medical report was sent by the clinic to the Singapore embassy on February 1 and the DS-160 plus fees have been duly submitted prior to February 1.

To date, we have yet to receive any notification of the appointment and our petition is expiring in a week. Should we be very worried?

PS: I wrote an email to the consulate division and got a reply on Feb 3 saying that I would receive a letter when the interview is set. It's been over 2 weeks now and with the I-129F expiring soon, we're really worried about how this might pan out.
    Are you sure you're not the one who has to schedule an appointment? check USTravelDocs . com to verify. I think you may be the one to schedule the appointment.
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
      Are you sure you're not the one who has to schedule an appointment? check USTravelDocs . com to verify. I think you may be the one to schedule the appointment.
      Thank you for getting back to me about this, Kumar.

In a previous correspondence from the Singapore Embassy, I was told to only submit the checklist, DS-160 print out and bank receipt to the embassy and that they will mail the appointment date to me when the appointment has been scheduled. I was told not to attempt to schedule the appointment online.

I submitted the required documents on January 19, 2017 and my medical report was delivered on February 1, 2017 but I still have yet to receive an interview appointment date. My fiance and I are getting really worried as our I-129F petition approval expires on February 27.

Comment

You received the correct Singpore instructions. After submitting your required documents with the checklist, the Consulate will send you an appointment notice. This process varies by Consulate. For Philippines, the applicant schedules his own appointment, but Singapore, the appointment is as described above and by your earlier assumption.

--Ray B

In a previous correspondence from the Singapore Embassy, I was told to only submit the checklist, DS-160 print out and bank receipt to the embassy and that they will mail the appointment date to me when the appointment has been scheduled. I was told not to attempt to schedule the appointment online.

I submitted the required documents on January 19, 2017 and my medical report was delivered on February 1, 2017 but I still have yet to receive an interview appointment date. My fiance and I are getting really worried as our I-129F petition approval expires on February 27.

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          You received the correct Singpore instructions. After submitting your required documents with the checklist, the Consulate will send you an appointment notice. This process varies by Consulate. For Philippines, the applicant schedules his own appointment, but Singapore, the appointment is as described above and by your earlier assumption.

--Ray B
          Thank you, Ray. We've emailed the Consulate to try to get a status update as we're really worried about the impending I-129F expiry. Do we need to make a formal application or would the Consulate extend it automatically? They haven't responded to my fiance's email almost 2 weeks ago. We can't help but feel worried.

Comment

Once a K1 applicant is being processed by a Consulate, her 4-month K1 approval is automatically extended.

--Ray B

Thank you, Ray. We've emailed the Consulate to try to get a status update as we're really worried about the impending I-129F expiry. Do we need to make a formal application or would the Consulate extend it automatically? They haven't responded to my fiance's email almost 2 weeks ago. We can't help but feel worried.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
              Once a K1 applicant is being processed by a Consulate, her 4-month K1 approval is automatically extended.

--Ray B
              Thank you very much, Ray. We found out today that a form was missing. Wish we had been told when we tried to follow up a few weeks ago. I tried to hand deliver the documents to the embassy to avoid them being lost in the mail but was turned away. Will just have to mail them and hope they arrive on time for an extension. *fingers crossed*

Comment

Hi, have you done your medical first before your interview appointment date scheduled? The clinic does not need the interview appointment date? Just wondering because I had embassy letter instructions for medical but no interview appointment date. My petition also expiring soon but has mailed them the ds form and visa fee already.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X