Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing condition I-751 ( while Away In The Army) Please Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing condition I-751 ( while Away In The Army) Please Help!!

Hi Everyone please I need your Advice,

1. My CG expires 11/19/17 , I want to know the exact day I am suppose to post my documents to them,so as to avoid being late.from my calculation 90 days before 11/19/17 should be 08/21/17 or 08/21/17 .is that the exact day I am suppose to mail out my documents or is that the day they are suppose to have recieved it .i am abit confused about it .

2. By that 90 days I would be away in AIT Training because I am currently in the US Army.I was wondering maybe if we have it all figured out and ready my spouse who is a US Citizen can just mail it out on the said date.
    But we are worried what happens when it's time for biometrics,because I will still be away on duty and will be back by September end of month.

3. Is it possible to get citizenship with a CG Card,because my commander brought it up to me and said I could get my citizenship when I am away for training. I am wondering is that possible ?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated,Thanks rayb
    Last edited by STA; 02-19-2017, 06:59 PM.

Originally posted by STA View Post
    1. My CG expires 11/19/17 , I want to know the exact day I am suppose to post my documents to them,so as to avoid being late.from my calculation 90 days before 11/19/17 should be 08/21/17 or 08/21/17 .is that the exact day I am suppose to mail out my documents or is that the day they are suppose to have recieved it .i am abit confused about it .
    You must file any day within the 90 day window starting 8/21/17 and ending 11/19/17. In other words, they must receive it some time after 8/21/17 and before 11/19/17. If you file too early they will reject it.

2. By that 90 days I would be away in AIT Training because I am currently in the US Army.I was wondering maybe if we have it all figured out and ready my spouse who is a US Citizen can just mail it out on the said date.
    But we are worried what happens when it's time for biometrics,because I will still be away on duty and will be back by September end of month.
    If you file some time in September or October, the biometrics appointment will likely be after you get back. And if the biometrics appointment is ever scheduled for some time when you have to be away in the military, I think that is a pretty good reason for requesting for it to be rescheduled.

3. Is it possible to get citizenship with a CG Card,because my commander brought it up to me and said I could get my citizenship when I am away for training. I am wondering is that possible ?
    Not sure what is a "CG Card". But it is possible to naturalize after one year of honorable service in the military during peacetime (or any period of honorable service during hostilities).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you very your response,and I meant Green Card it's was typing error. My 90 days will be August and yes I will be away in the military,I am just trying to get all the documents ready so that my spouse can mail them out by August 21 as stated when I will be away.

Are you saying if we receive biometric appointment while I am away,I can mail them with my reason for wanting to reschedule? That will be great.

And like I said earlier when my comander told me I could get citizenship,I was wondering if it's possible for me considering the fact that I have 2 year Green card based on marriage and waiting to file 90 days before expiration which is in august. Just wondering if it's possible,or I should rather wait till I get my 10 yrs Green card before putting in for citizenship.

Thank you for your response,I really appreciate it.

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You must file any day within the 90 day window starting 8/21/17 and ending 11/19/17. In other words, they must receive it some time after 8/21/17 and before 11/19/17. If you file too early they will reject it.

If you file some time in September or October, the biometrics appointment will likely be after you get back. And if the biometrics appointment is ever scheduled for some time when you have to be away in the military, I think that is a pretty good reason for requesting for it to be rescheduled.

Not sure what is a "CG Card". But it is possible to naturalize after one year of honorable service in the military during peacetime (or any period of honorable service during hostilities).

Comment

Thank you very your response,and I meant Green Card it's was typing error. My 90 days will be August and yes I will be away in the military,I am just trying to get all the documents ready so that my spouse can mail them out by August 21 as stated when I will be away.
        The 90 day period starts in August and ends in November. I know you will be away in August. But you can file in September, or October, or early November, when you are not away. (Or it can be mailed in August when you are away, either by you from wherever you are training, or by your spouse.) And then if the biometrics appointment will be, say, one month after applying, will you be away then again?

Are you saying if we receive biometric appointment while I am away,I can mail them with my reason for wanting to reschedule? That will be great.
        Yes, you can ask to reschedule if you have a reason to be away.

And like I said earlier when my comander told me I could get citizenship,I was wondering if it's possible for me considering the fact that I have 2 year Green card based on marriage and waiting to file 90 days before expiration which is in august. Just wondering if it's possible,or I should rather wait till I get my 10 yrs Green card before putting in for citizenship.
        It doesn't matter. There is no difference between conditional permanent residents and non-conditional permanent residents in terms of eligibility to apply for naturalization.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I wil be back September 21 from the military,which I guess I should have recieved biometrics appointment or maybe I can mail my document by sepetember when I get back,if it's not too late to

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          The 90 day period starts in August and ends in November. I know you will be away in August. But you can file in September, or October, or early November, when you are not away. (Or it can be mailed in August when you are away, either by you from wherever you are training, or by your spouse.) And then if the biometrics appointment will be, say, one month after applying, will you be away then again?

Yes, you can ask to reschedule if you have a reason to be away.

It doesn't matter. There is no difference between conditional permanent residents and non-conditional permanent residents in terms of eligibility to apply for naturalization.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X