Advanced Parole Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Parole Works

I was approved for AP on February 2017. I traveled to Haiti leaving the U.S. for the first time in my life. I was able to return back into the U.S without any issues.

Mind you, I entered the U.S. illegally with my parents in 1984 when I were an infant. Just make sure you bring your passport, both copies of your AP documents, you E.A.D. card and your irenary/ticket of your trip before traveling outside the U.S. You have nothing to worry about.

Once, I entered the U.S.. The boarder patrol officers were nice and perfessional to me. They ask me for my documents (e.a.d card, both AP forms and passport. I was sent to secondary (which is mandatory) and they ask me know futher questions.

They stamped both my passport and AP forms. Please, whatever fear you have regarding traveling abroad with AP. Throw it out the window. Make sure you bring the following documents I've stated and you should be just fine. If you have any questions regarding Advance parole please let me know and I'll be happy to answer some of your questions.
    Last edited by samlynn; 02-21-2017, 02:00 PM.

Aljuice,

You were lucky. Some folks have reported being put on overstay status when trying to reenter the U.S. with an Advance Parole, unless there was no indications of prior visa overstay.

--Ray B

Originally posted by AJuice View Post
    I was approved for AP on February 2017. I traveled to Haiti leaving the U.S. for the first time in my life. I was able to return back into the U.S without any issues.

Mind you, I entered the U.S. illegally with my parents in 1984 when I were an infant. Just make sure you bring your passport, both copies of your AP documents, you E.A.D. card and your irenary/ticket of your trip before traveling outside the U.S. You have nothing to worry about.

Once, I entered the U.S.. The boarder patrol officers were nice and perfessional to me. They ask me for my documents (e.a.d card, both AP forms and passport. I was sent to secondary (which is mandatory) and they ask me know futher questions.

They stamped both my passport and AP forms. Please, whatever fear you have regarding traveling abroad with AP. Throw it out the window. Make sure you bring the following documents I've stated and you should be just fine. If you have any questions regarding Advance parole please let me know and I'll be happy to answer some of your questions.

Comment

It is actually not Mandatory for them to send you to secondary! I was on advance parole and went through without one question been asked. I do believe god was with me that day! Be aware that Trump could sign something this week and could potentially affect you if you are a DACA recipient.

Comment

I was wondering, when you left the USA did you have to present yourself to immigration or just when you came back?

Comment

Originally posted by beira18 View Post
          I was wondering, when you left the USA did you have to present yourself to immigration or just when you came back?
          The US has no exit checks, no matter if you are leaving by air, sea, or land.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            Aljuice,

You were lucky. Some folks have reported being put on overstay status when trying to reenter the U.S. with an Advance Parole, unless there was no indications of prior visa overstay.

--Ray B
            do you have examples/ threads of this happening ?

Comment

My examples are only anecdotal recall of reports on various forums and of attorneys' advice that a prior visa overstay might have penalties kick in when one uses an Advance Parole and attempts to reenter the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by yaboc View Post
              do you have examples/ threads of this happening ?

Comment

Overstayed / Advanced Parole

Hello Guys, ive been here in Immihelp for a while now but I was on the AOS thread., I overstayed., got married .My PD was Sept.7,2016 AOS i485 ,i130 married to a USC., we never thought its gonna take long to get a GC esp here in NY., now so i applied for AP January29,2017 we have a very important trip to the Philippines April 7., to attend graduation of my 2 kids graduating from college, and to pick up my 17yo daughter underage granted Immigrant visa tru my husband's petition as stepdaughter we dont want her to travel alone so we are picking her up,and I want to see my kids after 5 years, it will really break my heart., the urgent trip is for 2 weeks and we went to Federal plaza last week for INFO pass the IO said bring some more docs will really show the urgency ot the trip so they said come back next week now i will bring copies of a letter stating that my kids are graduating on april 10 with their names on it., and docs showing that I the mother is picking up my 17yo daughter, and her Medical receipt and US Embassy Appointment/ Confirmation letter., Now my question is, Is it safe to tavel Using Advanced Parole, can I still re-enter the US, ive been hearing negative stuff like will be barred to re-enter even if secured an AP? please help and it will be much appreciated thank you so much

Comment

It is not mandatory for them to send you to secondary. I was never sent to secondary When i returned to the states. It is the officer's discretion to send you to secondary or not. Also, I have been granted Advance Parole twice.

Comment

Traveling soon too with my Emergency Advance Parole Marriage based

Originally posted by HondurasNative View Post
                    It is not mandatory for them to send you to secondary. I was never sent to secondary When i returned to the states. It is the officer's discretion to send you to secondary or not. Also, I have been granted Advance Parole twice.
                    Hello, I hope i can ask you more questions is there any way to talk to you i hope you dont mind so you can enlighten me about my worries thank you so much

Comment

AP on Honduran TPS

Hey guys, I've been reading in AP for a while now and thought it be a good idea to ask for a little community insight. I'm a Honduran native with Honduran humanitarian TPS, no deportations or criminal background. I'm in the works to adjust my status through an attorney but need to leave and return with AP for a legal entry. My attorney has sent the AP form etc, now my question is this; I have a grandmother who has an illness, not terminal nor is she ailing, however she travels to the US frequently and I last saw her February. I submitted my AP request to travel to see my grandmother, however I'm planning on flying to Roatan, Honduras instead and just taking a mini vaca, instead of actually going to my grandmother's in the mainland. Where we're from is very dangerous and not safe at all, I don't know anyone there but her, transportation is an issue because it's the woods and it's just not safe period and don't want to put myself or my family at risk. Would me flying to a Roatan airport instead of the Tegucigalpa airport trigger any questions, suspicions, will specific questions be asked, have any of you been in this situation... etc. I'd appreciate any insight.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X