Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No option to schedule Consular interview after OFC appointment on online website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No option to schedule Consular interview after OFC appointment on online website?

Hello,

My father is a US citizen and my mother in India who has applied for a greencard had her "OFC appointment" scheduled in Mumbai in December, but during her medicals, had an abnormal chest xray for which she had to go for an 8-week sputum culture, which is now over. The medical center said that they will receive the results and forward them to the US embassy in the next 2-3 days. However, they seem ignorant about how the appointment is to be re-scheduled. They keep saying that the embassy will contact us to re-schedule the appointment. However, I feel it's better to just re-schedule the appointment ourselves online once they have the medicals.

So, I just logged in online which shows the next available OFC appointment date as tomorrow, but chose a date from next week as I expect the medicals to be forwarded to the embassy by that time. However, does the OFC appointment (which is for biometrics?) even require them to have your medicals? I believe the medical report is only to be carried for the Consular interview??

Secondly, after choosing the OFC appointment, I am not getting any option to choose a Consular interview date? My OFC appointment confirmation page says is "You have scheduled an appointment for an immigrant visa to the U.S. Most applicants will have an appointment at the Visa Application Center (VAC), followed by an appointment at the Embassy or Consulate". How do I schedule a Consular interview??

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X