Petition for wife and child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for wife and child

1. I am a greencard holder through immigration (my father filed for me). Now I want to file a petition for my wife and a child(who is unmarried, 7 years old and biological child from our wedlock).
    Can I file a single petition for them., meaning I can file petition for my wife and adding name of my child in I-130 in section C.17 where it says "List spouse and all children of your relative".
    If yes, then need to pay for 1 petitioner fee or 2 fees.
    OR
    Need to file two separate petitions for my spouse and my child?
    Please reply asap.
    Its very urgent.
    I will appreciate your help.
    If you need more information write here

Did your father petition for you to immigrate as the child of a US citizen or permanent resident? Or did someone else petition your father and you immigrated as a derivative beneficiary? Did you marry before or after becoming a permanent resident? Was your child born before or after you becoming a permanent resident?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Did your father petition for you to immigrate as the child of a US citizen or permanent resident? Or did someone else petition your father and you immigrated as a derivative beneficiary? Did you marry before or after becoming a permanent resident? Was your child born before or after you becoming a permanent resident?

I immigrate as the child of permanent resident.
      I married after becoming permanent resident.
      Child born after becoming permanent resident.

Comment

Submit a single I-130 for your wife, and that will include your child for a derivative visa. It's no more complicated than that.

--Ray B

Originally posted by zalak1973 View Post
        1. I am a greencard holder through immigration (my father filed for me). Now I want to file a petition for my wife and a child(who is unmarried, 7 years old and biological child from our wedlock).
        Can I file a single petition for them., meaning I can file petition for my wife and adding name of my child in I-130 in section C.17 where it says "List spouse and all children of your relative".
        If yes, then need to pay for 1 petitioner fee or 2 fees.
        OR
        Need to file two separate petitions for my spouse and my child?
        Please reply asap.
        Its very urgent.
        I will appreciate your help.
        If you need more information write here

Comment

Originally posted by zalak1973 View Post
          I immigrate as the child of permanent resident.
          I married after becoming permanent resident.
          Child born after becoming permanent resident.
          Okay. You can either file one petition for your wife and have your child as her derivative beneficiary, or file two separate petition, one for each of them. But if you are going to become a citizen in the next year or so, you should probably file two petitions, as if you become a citizen before she enters the US, she moves into the Immediate Relative category, which cannot have derivative beneficiaries. If you are not going to become a citizen soon, it's cheaper to just file one petition.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
            Okay. You can either file one petition for your wife and have your child as her derivative beneficiary, or file two separate petition, one for each of them. But if you are going to become a citizen in the next year or so, you should probably file two petitions, as if you become a citizen before she enters the US, she moves into the Immediate Relative category, which cannot have derivative beneficiaries. If you are not going to become a citizen soon, it's cheaper to just file one petition.
            Thank you very much for your help.

I really appreciate your effort in giving me a right reply.

Comment

I-130 filing question

Now as I can file 1 petition for my spouse (beneficiary) and can include our child name (as beneficiary derivative), do I need to include the the documents for my child (example: birth certificate copy, photograph(s), passport copy, or any supportive documents) with I-130.
              Please guide me for the process..

Also as I am filing single petition for wife and child, I guess I have to just add name of our (mine and my spouse) child in section C17 of form I-130?

Thank you
              Last edited by zalak1973; 02-27-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X