CSPA -"seek to acquire" within 1 year meaning ? - Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSPA -"seek to acquire" within 1 year meaning ? - Please help

My family is immigrating under F4 Visa Category from India.

My Father is the primary beneficiary.
    My mother, me and my sister is are derivative beneficiaries

Priority date: 26/02/2004
    Approval date: 22/02/2016

My sister is currently 27 years age, however i think she may be eligible under CSPA- Child Status Protection Act

I recently read that, in case we are eligible under CPSA one must "Seek to acquire"
    within 1 year of visa becoming available.

In the current Visa bulletin I can see two charts
    A. APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES
    B. DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATION

My question is

1. How to know from which date the "Seek to acquire"
    within 1 year of visa becoming available is calculated ? ( FINAL ACTION DATES or DATES FOR FILING )
    2. How do we "Seek to acquire" the CSPA ? which applications should we submit or how should we proceed ?

PPROVAL DATE CANNOT BE 22/02/2016.give me your priority date and approval date.ill te

Originally posted by kuriachen View Post
    My family is immigrating under F4 Visa Category from India.

My Father is the primary beneficiary.
    My mother, me and my sister is are derivative beneficiaries

Priority date: 26/02/2004
    Approval date: 22/02/2016

My sister is currently 27 years age, however i think she may be eligible under CSPA- Child Status Protection Act

I recently read that, in case we are eligible under CPSA one must "Seek to acquire"
    within 1 year of visa becoming available.
    APPROVAL DATE CANNOT BE 22/02/2016.give me your priority date and approval date.ill tell you whether she is eligible for cspa or not.and the meaning of seek to acquire.

In the current Visa bulletin I can see two charts
    A. APPLICATION FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCE CASES
    B. DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED VISA APPLICATION

My question is

1. How to know from which date the "Seek to acquire"
    within 1 year of visa becoming available is calculated ? ( FINAL ACTION DATES or DATES FOR FILING )
    2. How do we "Seek to acquire" the CSPA ? which applications should we submit or how should we proceed ?
    APPROVAL DATE CANNOT BE 22/02/2016.give me your priority date and approval date.ill tell you whether she is eligible for cspa or not.and the meaning of seek to acquire.

Comment

How can the approval date be correctly found ?

Originally posted by Akash Burman View Post
      How can the approval date be correctly found ? Is it the date the NVC approved the petition ? or the notice date from USCIS ? (attached)
      Attached Files

Comment

How can the approval date be correctly found ?

How can the approval date be correctly found ? Is it the date the NVC approved the petition ? or the notice date from USCIS ? (attached)
        USCIS Letter date (notifying that the case is forwarded to NVC) : August 21, 2004
        First letter from NVC (with case number date): February 22, 2016
        Last edited by kuriachen; 02-26-2017, 02:03 PM. Reason: Sentence correction

Comment

hi

approval date is the date your case was generated at NVC.Here your notice date is AUG2004 the date when USCIS sent details to NVC.When did u get the mail that your petition is approved.The first time u knew about your case no.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Akash Burman View Post
          approval date is the date your case was generated at NVC.Here your notice date is AUG2004 the date when USCIS sent details to NVC.When did u get the mail that your petition is approved.The first time u knew about your case no.
          case generally wont be pending for 12 years with NVC.

Comment

I am also on same boat

Hey i also have i-130 approval
            Our prioirty is -june 2004
            Approval date- march 2016
            And did you get your case approval under cspa act?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X