Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting Cancun for 6 nights with up to date green card, passport and ID. No issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Cancun for 6 nights with up to date green card, passport and ID. No issues?

Hi there,

So I am a conditional permanent resident soon to apply for re-adjustment of status as permanent resident (I will be doing this paperwork in late April, which will be the 90 days from date of green card expiration date). I came in with a fiancee visa about 2 years ago from Argentina.

My mom is coming to visit me from Argentina in May and since she flies to New York from Buenos Aires, I decided to show her around the city (she's never been there) and also have a short vacation from work and visit Cancun (never been there either).
    I will be visiting Cancun 6 nights with my mom. My husband will be busy with his grad classes and thesis so he won't be joining us, he could use the time alone to focus for a week as well.

So my question is: Presenting my valid (unexpired) green card + my valid Argentine passport + my Nevada driver's license, should it be sufficient to be accepted for re-entry?
    I have understood that should be enough. I am only vacationing in Cancun's beach for 6 nights, I am certainly not attempting to abandon my US residency. I need to be back to work right after the vacation, and I start college in the fall too... Should I take my social security card with me too, to present at customs? I rather too much than not enough...

Thanks for your time to read, and looking forward to your responses.

JK

sounds fine to me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X