Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J2 ead

Dear all,

My husband has a J2 and he has asked for EAD at the end of January 2017. He is waiting for the permission but he has a job offer. Can we try to ask for an expedite?
    I would like also to know if someone has any idea about the possibility to change his visa status: I mean do you believe is possible to change from a j2 to a hb1 without changing my j1 status?

Many thanks!

Originally posted by Denise Falchetti View Post
    I mean do you believe is possible to change from a j2 to a hb1 without changing my j1 status?
    Of course, if he can get H1b. Unless it's cap-exempt H1b, there is a quota per fiscal year, which basically means people must apply April 1 of a given year for a start date of October 1, and there is a lottery and most people don't get it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Of course, if he can get H1b. Unless it's cap-exempt H1b, there is a quota per fiscal year, which basically means people must apply April 1 of a given year for a start date of October 1, and there is a lottery and most people don't get it.
      Can he ask for changing status and in the meantime taking advantages of the working permission?

Thanks! We have just started to face all the visa issues!

Comment

Originally posted by Denise Falchetti View Post
        Can he ask for changing status and in the meantime taking advantages of the working permission?

Thanks! We have just started to face all the visa issues!
        He will still be in J2 status and can work on his existing valid EAD until H1b status starts (if he even gets it).

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X