L2B to L2A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2B to L2A

I have a valid EAD till 2018 and my spouse is on L1B. Now spouse is going to change from L1B to L1A.

Do I need to apply for a new EAD or can I use the same EAD till the expiry?

Can someone please comment... Thanks

Change of Status from L1 to L2 and EAD

Hi,
    I had applied for a change of status from L1A to L2A (I539) and EAD application (I797) simultaneously. I received a mail from USCIS as receipts of receiving the forms as of Nov 4th 2016. It has been 4 months since and there has been no update in status. USCIS helpline told me that they are currently processing application received from July 2nd 2016, and may be 4 more months.

How long is the turn around time? Will the EAD come along with the visa approval, if not how long can it take.

Further to this...my wife is on L1A (blanket), will be any quicker if I go back to India and get the appointment to get the visa stamped and come back and reapply for the EAD?

I have resigned from my job as on Feb 3rd, and am waiting for the visa approval. will it throw in any complication if I go back for stamping now without the visa coming (if it makes sense), now that I am in between status for a month.

Thanks/ Neil
    (Very confused and appreciate any guidance!!)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X