Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a pregnant US citizen, father of baby is UK citizen, want to be together ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a pregnant US citizen, father of baby is UK citizen, want to be together ASAP

Hi there. I am a pregnant US citizen, my fiance/father of our unborn child is a UK citizen. I am now back in the US and my fiance is in the UK. We are engaged and want to be together ASAP as a family, but he is an alcoholic in recovery and I have many concerns about committing to marriage and being legally and financially responsible for him in the future should things go wrong. Is there any other way he can immigrate to the US as soon as possible without my being legally & financially responsible for him? Thanks.

You are not legally or financially responsible for him. Under the Affidavit of Support, you can only be sued if 1) he sues you, or 2) he uses a need-based government assistance program and the government sues you (historically this has virtually never happened). If you are not willing to risk that then there is no other way.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X