Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment for client location change

Hi Experts,

My current visa/petition/i-94 is valid till June 2018, however there is a change in the client location, so my employer is filing and H1B Amendment for client location change.

Knowing the current circumstances, what if the Amendment is denied? How would this impact my current stay in US <current visa/i-94 is valid till June 2018> ?, and what is the next course of action in these type of circumstances?

PS - I am already in US

Originally posted by h1visaquestions View Post
    Hi Experts,

My current visa/petition/i-94 is valid till June 2018, however there is a change in the client location, so my employer is filing and H1B Amendment for client location change.

Knowing the current circumstances, what if the Amendment is denied? How would this impact my current stay in US <current visa/i-94 is valid till June 2018> ?, and what is the next course of action in these type of circumstances?

PS - I am already in US
    If amendment is denied you either continue to work at current client location, or find another client/employer within 60 days of denial and file another amendment/petition OR leave US.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Can we not file the amendment again for the same client again?

Comment

Please let me know.
        Last edited by h1visaquestions; 03-01-2017, 12:09 PM. Reason: none

Comment

Please let me know.
          Why would you refile the amendment unless there is substantial additional material evidence. That would be an appeal not an amendment. Appeals/MTR can take months and generally do not provide status eligibility while processing.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Got it, so effectively we can not file the amendment for the same location again...

Comment

Can we refile the amendment for the same location/same customer but for a different role? assuming <less likely to happen> the first petition is rejected as described in the thread.

Comment

Hi Ragvi,
                Could you please let me know if
                Can we refile the amendment for the same location/same customer but for a different role? assuming <less likely to happen> the first petition is rejected as described in the thread.

Comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X