Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 Visa to Visit Boyfriend/Girlfriend - has anyone ever been approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa to Visit Boyfriend/Girlfriend - has anyone ever been approved?

Hi,
    I live in USA and my boyfriend lives in India. I have already visited him twice in the last 6 months, but he has not yet been to USA. We are prepared and planning to begin the K1 finance visa process, but wanted him to be able to visit once first since it will likely be 6+ months before the finance visa gets approved and we can't imagine going that long without seeing each other. It's almost impossible for me to get more time off work to visit him again and we also want him to visit to meet my family before he ultimately moves here. Also it would give us more support on the K1 if he has come to US to visit and meet my family/friends.

I've read so many negative comments basically saying it will be impossible for him to get approved once he is honest and says he is coming to visit me, his girlfriend. He has a job that he has to go back to and a lease at an apartment and obviously he will have to return because we will definitely want to have a wedding in India also after our marriage in US. We are doing everything through the correct process and he absolutely has no intention of just staying here until a K1 would be approved. It's so frustrating because there are no wrong intentions here, we are prepared to do everything legally and just want to be together.

Is there any hope for him to be approved? Is it even worth us trying for him to get a B2 tourist visa? Is it a quick process to at least try or would we be wasting valuable time waiting for the B2 process when we could be submitting the K1? And lastly, does anyone know if he tries and gets denied will it have a negative impact on the K1 application? Like will they see he got denied for the B2 and see it as negative?

Sorry for so many questions, I did search the forums but couldn't find much positive hope so thought I would just try to ask and get a definite decision made.

If your guy applies for a visitor visa and gets denied, the denial will be "without prejudice," and should not affect your K1 processing.

--Ray B

Originally posted by tksmile View Post
    Hi,
    I live in USA and my boyfriend lives in India. I have already visited him twice in the last 6 months, but he has not yet been to USA. We are prepared and planning to begin the K1 finance visa process, but wanted him to be able to visit once first since it will likely be 6+ months before the finance visa gets approved and we can't imagine going that long without seeing each other. It's almost impossible for me to get more time off work to visit him again and we also want him to visit to meet my family before he ultimately moves here. Also it would give us more support on the K1 if he has come to US to visit and meet my family/friends.

I've read so many negative comments basically saying it will be impossible for him to get approved once he is honest and says he is coming to visit me, his girlfriend. He has a job that he has to go back to and a lease at an apartment and obviously he will have to return because we will definitely want to have a wedding in India also after our marriage in US. We are doing everything through the correct process and he absolutely has no intention of just staying here until a K1 would be approved. It's so frustrating because there are no wrong intentions here, we are prepared to do everything legally and just want to be together.

Is there any hope for him to be approved? Is it even worth us trying for him to get a B2 tourist visa? Is it a quick process to at least try or would we be wasting valuable time waiting for the B2 process when we could be submitting the K1? And lastly, does anyone know if he tries and gets denied will it have a negative impact on the K1 application? Like will they see he got denied for the B2 and see it as negative?

Sorry for so many questions, I did search the forums but couldn't find much positive hope so thought I would just try to ask and get a definite decision made.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X