Reporting fraudulent activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting fraudulent activities

Here is a scenario: Old men who are 60-70 years old are going overseas to marry young girls 15-18 years old as their wife. For the girls who are under eighteen, their parents would lie on paper that they are 18 just to get them to marry the old guy so that she can come to America. The older men would treat the young girl as if she is a slave, not allowing her to go to school to get an education or work because she would learn to be smart and divorce him knowing he is old. I'm pretty sure we are all aware of this type of behavior or activity that exist among immigration. This is a trend that I've noticed among US citizen going abroad and marrying teenage girls. All of this is happening due to the poverty level of these third world country; therefore, the parents of the young girl would do anything for their child to get to the US. It's a benefit for the girls parents because the girls husband can promise to send money to her parents for any bills. Lastly, it is sickening to see the old men with the young girl (gross). The teen girl can be mistaken for the old guys granddaughter. How can someone stop this from happening and where can someone report a fraudulent marriage/activity? Upon my observation, most of them end up divorce because who would want to marry an old guy who doesn't have much longer to live?

If you feel me and have similar stories please share. We need to STOP the fraud in immigration...if we want to make America Great Again...and no I didn't vote for Donald Trump.....I'm just a normal citizen of the United States.

There are many marital unions that do not fit our values, yet that does make those cases marriage fraud.

I am skeptical of your claim that aliens falsify their ages in order to get married for two reasons:
    1) like in the United States, minors abroad in many jurisdictions can marry lawfully with the consent of their their parents
    2) USCIS scrutinizes aliens identity documents, and would reject filings where independently verified information is inconsistent with forms filed and supporting documents provided

You don't approve of these marriages but say they all end in divorce. In that case, isn't that a positive outcome for you?

To answer your initial question, marriage fraud hotline is 1-866-347-2423

Comment

According to the community that I'm from, most of them end up in divorce. They just want to get the GC and leave. The girl and their parents know that they will at least have a better life if they allow the girl to marry an old guy and to bring her here. It's weird how the younger guys who are more Americanized don't go back to their parents origin of country to marry these young girls. It's the senior US citizens that do and the girls parents who are willing to allow that to happen. It's not a positive outcome when they do get divorce because most of the time there is a joint sponsors involve and that's where all the problem is. To me, this leans more towards the fraudulent side.....maybe it's just me.

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      There are many marital unions that do not fit our values, yet that does make those cases marriage fraud.

I am skeptical of your claim that aliens falsify their ages in order to get married for two reasons:
      1) like in the United States, minors abroad in many jurisdictions can marry lawfully with the consent of their their parents
      2) USCIS scrutinizes aliens identity documents, and would reject filings where independently verified information is inconsistent with forms filed and supporting documents provided

You don't approve of these marriages but say they all end in divorce. In that case, isn't that a positive outcome for you?

To answer your initial question, marriage fraud hotline is 1-866-347-2423

Comment

In the United States, 27.6% of all women who marry at ages 20 and below ultimately get divorced. So it isn't surprising that divorce is common with young alien brides.

I think you underestimate how difficult it is to get away with marriage fraud. The significant age gap and use of a marriage broker are red flags for USCIS when they have to determine the bona fides of a marriage (AFM 21.3). The aliens who are granted conditional permanent residence have already overcome these hurdles to persuade immigration authorities that their marriage was entered into good faith. It is not easy to keep up the pretense of a **** marriage for a whole 2 years before applying for unconditional permanent residence.

I welcome you to report these marriages to the fraud hotline as your conscience dictates. They probably already get a lot of reports from people who find all sorts of marriages to be abhorrent - interfaith, interethnic, same-sex, etc. If the couple is cohabiting, intimate, etc there is probably nothing USCIS can (or will) do about it because the law permits these arrangements.

You mention joint sponsors and the problems they face when couples divorce. That is the joint sponsors problems, not the American public, isn't it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X