Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 Visa - Drop box - Administrative processing but passport status ready for pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa - Drop box - Administrative processing but passport status ready for pickup

Hello

I am eligible for drop box and i submitted all my documents for H1B stamping on 21st Feb 2017,
    23rd Feb - Case created
    24th Feb - Ready
    27th Feb - Administrative processing
    My visa status still says administrative processing but my passport status is ready for pickup since 2nd March.

Does this mean "i have to appear for interview" I got 221g? Or will there be a delay in CEAC status update? Last updated date shows as Feb 27th and today is March 2nd. Any input on this will be a great help for me. Thank you.

Originally posted by t.yoga4all View Post
    Hello

I am eligible for drop box and i submitted all my documents for H1B stamping on 21st Feb 2017,
    23rd Feb - Case created
    24th Feb - Ready
    My visa status still says administrative processing but my passport status is ready for pickup since 2nd March.

Does this mean "i have to appear for interview" I got 221g? Or will there be a delay in CEAC status update? Last updated date shows as Feb 27th and today is March 2nd. Any input on this will be a great help for me. Thank you.
    Pick up the passport at the location you have chosen for it to be delivered. It will have more details. If there is a 221g they will tell in the letter what needs to be done next.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

H1B Drop Box Administrative Processing

Hi,
      I went for H1B renewal at India New Delhi location. I was eligible for drop box. I submitted my documents on March-20.
      Case was created on March-21 and went to Administrative Processing. Today, It's March 29 and my case is still under Administrative Processing. Does anyone has any idea how long it is going to take?
      What actions should I take?

Comment

Hello sir,

What was the final outcome of your application.
        Any information would help as I am going through the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Pick up the passport at the location you have chosen for it to be delivered. It will have more details. If there is a 221g they will tell in the letter what needs to be done next.

This is my opinion not legal advice

How can we check if we are eligible for dropbox or need to go thru interview process?

Comment

Any updates? What is the outcome of your application?

Originally posted by Deoj03 View Post
            Hello sir,

What was the final outcome of your application.
            Any information would help as I am going through the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by groversameer6 View Post
              Hi,
              I went for H1B renewal at India New Delhi location. I was eligible for drop box. I submitted my documents on March-20.
              Case was created on March-21 and went to Administrative Processing. Today, It's March 29 and my case is still under Administrative Processing. Does anyone has any idea how long it is going to take?
              What actions should I take?
              Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update expect Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from a friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

Comment

delhi dropbox - administrative processing

Originally posted by t.yoga4all View Post
                Hello

23rd Feb - Case created
                24th Feb - Ready

hello, what was the outcome of your case. did you get your passport with visa stamped or were you called for fingerprinting?it would be helpful if you could kindly share the outcome along with the timelines. we are in a similar situation.

thanks!

Comment

H1B Dropbox eligible but still got Visa appointment

Hi All,

I have been working in US from past 2 years,

1st year I was working for Company A as consultant in a client location. My H1 Visa from company A is still valid till Sep 2018

After one year I shifted to Company B & started working as Full time Employee for a reputed firm in USA. I have got my approved I797A copy from company B after my H1 Transfer, which is approved till Sep 2020.

Now I need to go to India for 2 week visit in July. Due to my H1 transfer, I need to get it stamped before I return to US. For which I filled up my DS160, and when taking appointment it did not prompt me for any DropBox, but asked me to schedule appointment at consulate

As my initial H1 is also valid till Sep 2018. I should be eligible for dropbox, But not sure why I was asked for VISA interview at consulate. Could somebody explain after H1 transfer to different company Do we need to go for in-person Stamping, since my initial H1 with previous employer is also Valid till sep 2018. Have the Policies changed ?

I did take appointment at Chennai. But was wondering if I did any mistake in filling up DS160. since I have only confirmation page of my DS160 & did not save a copy of DS160 while filling. I cannot review the same now.

Also Can I fill up new DS160 again & take a fresh appointment now. Please Suggest.

Thanks.

Comment

I also saw the same message. what was the outcome?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X