Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 Visa (Treaty Investor) - Business Premises

Hi All,

Hope someone is able to assist. We are Australian and are looking to submit an application for an E2 Treaty Investor Visa to invest cash into a new business that we will work for in the US. I have done considerable amount of research and seems like at this point in time the E2 visa is the best option for our situation at present.

I understand the requirements, before you apply for an E2 you have to establish the business in the US first. No issue here. I already have a 2 year business visa (ESTA) and have traveled to Alaska in November 2016 to attend a convention/conference, meeting potential business partners, attending a short course in an area directly related to our business. I am now back in Australia and we (my business partner and I) decided to take the plunge. We incorporated our Alaskan LLC with our new Australian company holding 100% ownership (single member LLC) and the LLC is manager-managed, my business partner and I are the managers recorded in the LLC agreement, etc.

We've done just about all our research and getting ready to head back over to the US and establish the business and commit the funds - but have one crucial sticking point. To understand our business, we are a mineral exploration/mining company.

Because of our business nature we are working in very remote areas of Alaska. Our business operations is not going to be located anywhere near a town (possibly 200 miles or more from any town) and as such we are not any sort of retail or online business that needs a shop front, reception in a town location. An integral part of the E2 visa approval process is that we require to rent or buy a business premises.

Will a remote mine site constitute as a business address even though it won't have any physical address where a postal letter could be sent to....?

A registered agent address doesn't qualify as a business address; so will we be required to rent a small office space somewhere (or lease a small commerical lot) ... and pay dead rent money just to have a physical address to satisfy E2 physical address presence - even though there will be no one present at that address.

What can we do here?

Thanks in advance.

Have you arranged a lease on the mining site yet?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X