Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aju_14 View Post
    You're Indian right?
    Your PD 1993 is outdated, as it's 2003 for India now.
    Why did that happen?
    Hello. No, I'm not Indian. I'm from Philippines

Comment

Originally posted by graciee02 View Post
      Hello. No, I'm not Indian. I'm from Philippines
      Okay! Cool

Comment

Originally posted by kpatel0307 View Post
        Hi Graciee, without knowing all the dates needed to calculate CSPA, I cant really tell you. All I can tell you is if you are eligible under CSPA and still unmarried, they will issue visa. In our case, our CSPA candidate was almost 24 years old and still got visa.

To calculate CSPA age, you need your PD date, PD Approval date and date of birth. Here is the calculator you can use: /usa-immigrant-visa-process/cspa-calculator/

I hope this helps.
        Sir kpatel. I'm from Philippines btw. And I hope you can help me clarify my questions in my previous reply. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by graciee02 View Post
          Sir kpatel. I'm from Philippines btw. And I hope you can help me clarify my questions in my previous reply. Thank you
          Hi Graciee, based on information you provided, yes you are eligible but for some reason your PD approval date doesn't seem correct to me. Approval date is when USCIS approves your Visa Petition and sends it to NVC for processing. I believe the date you have provided looks like the date after NVC sent you notice once the visa became available to start IV Processing. The approval date is the I-797 Notice of Action USCIS should have sent you once they transferred your petition for NVC. It should say Approval Notice as a Notice Type.

Also the information I have been sharing is based on our experience with Indian Embassy, there may be different process for Philippines so I strongly suggest you to call NVC first and inquire about your eligibility as CSPA. I believe they will tell you to contact your local US Embassy where parents are scheduled for interview because your case is now transferred to local US Embassy.

Also looking at your dates, it seems you were born after petition for parents was filed so I don't know whether your name was added afterwards and if so not sure if the processing for that is different. I would love to help but I don't want to guide you in a wrong direction as your case is completely different than ours. Please call NVC as soon as possible and at same time contact your embassy as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by kpatel0307 View Post
            Hi Graciee, based on information you provided, yes you are eligible but for some reason your PD approval date doesn't seem correct to me. Approval date is when USCIS approves your Visa Petition and sends it to NVC for processing. I believe the date you have provided looks like the date after NVC sent you notice once the visa became available to start IV Processing. The approval date is the I-797 Notice of Action USCIS should have sent you once they transferred your petition for NVC. It should say Approval Notice as a Notice Type.

Also the information I have been sharing is based on our experience with Indian Embassy, there may be different process for Philippines so I strongly suggest you to call NVC first and inquire about your eligibility as CSPA. I believe they will tell you to contact your local US Embassy where parents are scheduled for interview because your case is now transferred to local US Embassy.

Also looking at your dates, it seems you were born after petition for parents was filed so I don't know whether your name was added afterwards and if so not sure if the processing for that is different. I would love to help but I don't want to guide you in a wrong direction as your case is completely different than ours. Please call NVC as soon as possible and at same time contact your embassy as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck with everything.

Thank you so much sir ☺️

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X