Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK citizen engaged to US citizen - Seeking Advice on Options for Immigration to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK citizen engaged to US citizen - Seeking Advice on Options for Immigration to US

I am a UK citizen and I am engaged to a US citizen she is coming over to the UK to visit me during July to August and we want to get married and have me moved out into the US asap what is the fastest way of doing this can anyone give any advice?

Thanks.

If you get married abroad, your spouse would have to petition you for an immigrant visa after the marriage, and from filing the petition to getting the visa, it may take around a year.

Or, your fiance can petition you for a fiance visa now, and once you get it you go over to the US to get married.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      If you get married abroad, your spouse would have to petition you for an immigrant visa after the marriage, and from filing the petition to getting the visa, it may take around a year.

Or, your fiance can petition you for a fiance visa now, and once you get it you go over to the US to get married.
      Thanks for the reply what option would be better to do in your opinion what what forms would she needed to be applied for?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X