Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI - Affidavit in Lieu of Originals?

Hi guys,

Does anybody know where to find this affidavit required as a part of list B for new OCI card. Please share any link or any sample. Thanks.

2. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
    Duly Fill-in and Notarize the Affidavit and submit along with the application.

It will be in your document checklist under My account section. You will have to get that notarized I think.

Comment

Made a mistake in selected columns

Hi Guys,

I made a mistake in filling Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. I checked the box on top left without checking tick marks on the selected columns in the form. Can I re-edit the "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" form again in CKGS website and take a print out? I appreciate your timely help.

Thanks

Comment

Made a mistake in Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

Hi Guys,

I made a mistake in filling out Affidavit in Lieu of originals, I just checked on top left box without checking and selecting appropriate documents name under selected columns. Can I re-edit the forms again? Please let me know how to do it?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

You can re-print from "My Account"

Originally posted by ZODIACKANNI View Post
          Hi Guys,

I made a mistake in filling out Affidavit in Lieu of originals, I just checked on top left box without checking and selecting appropriate documents name under selected columns. Can I re-edit the forms again? Please let me know how to do it?

Thanks for your help.
          Not sure if this will help you as I am assuming you already submitted the documents but for others who might read this. "Affidavit in Lieu of originals" can be downloaded and printed from "My Account" section anytime. What I did notice is that when you download it right after you complete your application, you get a column that says "Self Attested/Notarized" which is blank for all the documents (this confuses people as we don't know if we are suppose to sign against all the document listed) but if you go to "My Account" after say a couple of days, the same column changes to "No of copies" with "01" listed against all the document rows. Not sure if it was just with my account or others have noticed the same but just to keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ZODIACKANNI View Post
            Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.
            Can you tell me if you were able to edit Affidavit in Lieu of originals. By default all the check boxes are enabled and some of them are not applicable to me. Appreciate your response!!

Comment

Originally posted by oci2017 View Post
              Can you tell me if you were able to edit Affidavit in Lieu of originals. By default all the check boxes are enabled and some of them are not applicable to me. Appreciate your response!!
              Hi,

You were able to resolve the issue? I appreciate your response.

Comment

Originally posted by cactuspl View Post
                Hi,

You were able to resolve the issue? I appreciate your response.
                Did anyone have answer for this question? By default all the check boxes were selected and couldn't unselect manually. How to edit the affidavit in lieu of original?

Comment

Originally posted by pavithara View Post
                  Did anyone have answer for this question? By default all the check boxes were selected and couldn't unselect manually. How to edit the affidavit in lieu of original?
                  Hello All,

I did write to CKGS and they replied saying that we have to manually cross mark using pen against the documents that are not applicable to us. Below is the response from CKGS.

"The documents which is not applicable to you which you need to cross mark using a pen against under Affidavit in lieu of originals documents"

Comment

Not able to get to My Account Page where Affidavit forms are available for download

I am trying to download/print the Affidavit in lieu of originals form. From the posts earlier it appears this is available under the "My Accounts" page, but I cannot seem to get to it. It puts me in "Step 4: Submission and Collection" page with no ability to navigate away. Am I supposed to pay and then it will give me the affidavit form to download? Highly confusing website.

Also when trying to login, you have to ignore the main box with the captcha and instead use the small bar at the bottom. Who designs this website? Why not put a warning or message explaining when to use which login.

Anyways, why aren't the forms for downloading and printing clearly available under a section called Forms you might need to print.

Comment

Do I need to produce/show the originals to the notary when I try to get :Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        Do I need to produce/show the originals to the notary when I try to get :Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

Thanks
                        As requirement of public notary, yes you have to present the original doucment for the notary.

Comment

Originally posted by alokdk View Post
                          I am trying to download/print the Affidavit in lieu of originals form. From the posts earlier it appears this is available under the "My Accounts" page, but I cannot seem to get to it. It puts me in "Step 4: Submission and Collection" page with no ability to navigate away. Am I supposed to pay and then it will give me the affidavit form to download? Highly confusing website.

Also when trying to login, you have to ignore the main box with the captcha and instead use the small bar at the bottom. Who designs this website? Why not put a warning or message explaining when to use which login.

Anyways, why aren't the forms for downloading and printing clearly available under a section called Forms you might need to print.
                          I'm trying to download the "Affidavit in lieu of originals" form as well before paying, and same thing happens for me for "My Accounts" - can't login. How did you resolve the issue? Is there any way to access the form before paying or there are any samples?

Comment

Originally posted by oci545 View Post
                            Hi guys,

Does anybody know where to find this affidavit required as a part of list B for new OCI card. Please share any link or any sample. Thanks.

2. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
                            Duly Fill-in and Notarize the Affidavit and submit along with the application.
                            CKGS really needs improvement on their website.
                            1) Before filling the form on the Indian Government website, you log-in by entering your reference number in the bar below.
                            2) Once you fill the oci-application, you click on a link that says you finished this piece.
                            3) Now you log-in from My Account link.
                            4) You will be asked the reference number from Indian Government website as well once you try to log-in.
                            5) This will straight take you to the Affidavit.

Comment

Originally posted by getjig View Post
                              I'm trying to download the "Affidavit in lieu of originals" form as well before paying, and same thing happens for me for "My Accounts" - can't login. How did you resolve the issue? Is there any way to access the form before paying or there are any samples?

CKGS really needs improvement on their website.
                              1) Before filling the form on the Indian Government website, you log-in by entering your reference number in the bar below.
                              2) Once you fill the oci-application, you click on a link that says you finished this piece.
                              3) Now you log-in from My Account link.
                              4) You will be asked the reference number from Indian Government website as well once you try to log-in.
                              5) This will straight take you to the Affidavit.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X