Current delays all the way back to October 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current delays all the way back to October 2016

I contacted the uscis as I hadn't heard any sort of update well past the date they said they'd update me by. After calling, I was told by a relatively rude lady, that there are delays and currently my application is in the California office (transferred from Dallas). They apparently haven't touched it because they're still working on applications that were submitted back in October of 2016.

From the sounds of things, it'll be at least a year before anything will be approved.

To make matters worse, I asked the lady if my fiance can at least continue visiting the US while we wait for this to be processed. I was told: "if you're willing to jeopardize her chances of being approved, you can".

Can anyone shed some light on the delay and whether or not she can continue visiting? She's been visiting on a traveler visa from Latvia to USA. This visa hasn't expired yet, though she can only visit for 90 days at a time with it (longer than either of us can afford to be away from our jobs)

I'm having similar problems but with our I130 petition. It was received in September 2016 and we've been waiting 6 months. Looks like probably another 2 months. The California service centre looks to be the fastest. Ours is stuck in Nebraska which is the furthest behind. California is two months ahead!! Beyond frustrating.

I have travelled to the US on an ESTA during this process and haven't been asked anything. I think it's pot luck if you get questioned. I haven't entered since all this crazy immigration stuff though.

Comment

I appreciate the response, unfortunately I'm still trying to find out if she can visit me without ruining the chances of her k1 being accepted. The uscis website says she can visit but it may cause scrutiny. Not sure what they mean by scrutiny but I assume they're referring to her k1 application. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Oct 2016 isn't really that bad. I have been waiting since Dec 2015 and have had zero updates or help from USCIS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X