Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severance pay and loan from "former" employer

Hi everyone,

Never thought it would happen to me, but I forgot to extend my EAD (now I'm THAT guys right...). Luckily I found out 2 days after the expiration day so I was layed off just in time.

My employer and myself want me to keep working while I'm applying for a renewal of my EAD. As I noted, officially I'm layed off, we just have to find a way to get me paid. Wondering if someone has some ideas, the below is what my employer and myself came up with, any objections there?
    -One thing my employer wanted to do is give me a severance pay for 3 weeks, gives me some money in the pocket for now. I don't think this would raise any flags.
    -For the remainder of the time (90 days - 3 weeks..) my employer wants to offer me a "loan". They could give me 3 months worth in salary right now. Then when I get hired back they would temporarily give me a stipend for housing (or whatever). I would pay back that loan with this stipend and once payed back they stop giving me the stipend.
    -They could not pay me, and once hired back they give me a signing bonus for the period I was officially layed off.

I read somewhere USCIS is not checking your income trough the IRS, is this correct?

Thanks,

Forgot_EAD

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X