Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Extension/Renewal

Hi Team ,

my L1B ( Blanket) petition is expiring in Jan 2018.
    My I 94 expiry is April 2019.

If my company wants to extend or renew my L1B, what is the process.
    For renewal , if i start applying 6 months before, i need to go outside US for stamping and if there visa got rejected whether i will be allowed to enter inside US, as my old L1B petition is still valid until Jan 2018.

I know as my I 94 is still valid i can work until Apr 2019, but i will not be able to travel in between.

My question is , if i start renewal process early and go for stamping outside US, if approved no issues, if rejected whether i will be allowed to enter?

Please Advice

Originally posted by Ganesh Kulkarni View Post
    Hi Team ,

For renewal , if i start applying 6 months before, i need to go outside US for stamping and if there visa got rejected whether i will be allowed to enter inside US, as my old L1B petition is still valid until Jan 2018.

I know as my I 94 is still valid i can work until Apr 2019, but i will not be able to travel in between.

My question is , if i start renewal process early and go for stamping outside US, if approved no issues, if rejected whether i will be allowed to enter?

Please Advice
    When is your I129s expiring?

Comment

Hi Team ,

Please Advice
      You will be allowed to enter USA again but only until Jan 2018 based on the VISA date you have on your passport.
      If you travel after Jan 2018, at that time if you extension is already applied and approved, you will need to go for VISA stamping in India and travel back on ur new stamped VISA. You may not be able to enter US after Jan 2018 if you go to India and do not have the Approved Extension i797/i129

Comment

L1B expires on 3/30 extension approved while I was travelling

Hi Experts,

My existing visa expires on 3/25 and my extension for L1B was approved while I was travelling out of the USA. So my visa is valid, based on the last action rule, till 3/25 before which I have to now leave USA and get the new visa stamped based on my approved extension. Would like to know if there is an option for me to extend the stay without leaving the country despite me having an approved extension

Comment

Hi Team ,

Please Advice
          Hi Ganesh, Can you help me with this as I am in the same boat, can we travel back to US with old visa even after renewal rejection back in India?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X