Completing I-864

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completing I-864

I recently entered the US on a K-1 visa and married my spouse. I'm getting ready to file I-485 and my wife is completing I-864 in support.

I have a couple of quick questions.

First, as the sponsor of me as a K-1 visa holder she has now married, which of options 1a to 1f does she tick? I'm presuming its 1a?

Second, my daughter, 19, was granted a K-2 visa at the same time as me but has not yet entered the country (I believe/hope we don't have to enter the country together). Do we include her details under part 3 of I-864 "Information about Immigrants You are Sponsoring"?

Originally posted by Veuve View Post
    I recently entered the US on a K-1 visa and married my spouse. I'm getting ready to file I-485 and my wife is completing I-864 in support.

First, as the sponsor of me as a K-1 visa holder she has now married, which of options 1a to 1f does she tick? I'm presuming its 1a?
    1.a. I am the petitioner

Second, my daughter, 19, was granted a K-2 visa at the same time as me but has not yet entered the country (I believe/hope we don't have to enter the country together). Do we include her details under part 3 of I-864 "Information about Immigrants You are Sponsoring"?
    Yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

For question 1. Yes, you select "1a" like it's stated in the I-864 instructions.
      For question 2. It depends when your K-2 child will arrive. If he/she intends to arrive within 6 months of your submission of the I-864, then he/she's included. Otherwise, the child is not included. If she arrives after 6 months in the US, your sponsor will petition her with the I-864 independently. This is all clearly explained in the I-864 instructions,
      cheers & good luck
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X