Vacation Travel on an I visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Travel on an I visa?

I currently hold an I Class visa with Multiple entries that's valid till March 2018.
    Can I use this visa to travel to the US on vacation, or would I need to apply for a fresh visa?
    Kindly help. Any clarity on the matter will be highly appreciated.

The U.S. consular officer decides if the applicant is eligible to enter the United States or not. The following is the qualification criteria by which the consular will grant the visitor visa.

It is a presumption that every visitor visa applicant is an intending immigrant (has an intention to stay back in the U.S. permanently). Therefore, applicants for visitor visas must overcome this presumption by demonstrating that:

The purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment.

That they plan to remain for a specific and limited period.

Evidence of funds to cover expenses in the United States;

Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad; and

That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties which will ensure their return abroad at the end of the visit.
    Each applicant must have the following documents for the interview:

Application Form DS-156 completed and signed.
    Option 1: Download, print and fill out the form and bring to the interview
    Option 2. Fill out the form online and submit it online.
    Note: You still need to bring a printed copy of the application form to the interview.
    Current and valid passport or travel document
    Your Photograph
    Requirements are strict for photograph size, type, and quality.
    See details for photograph requirements
    Application fees
    All applicants must pay the application fee. Some applicants, according to nationality and type of visa, must also pay an issuance fee.
    See Details on Application and Issuance Fees
    Evidence of funds to cover your expenses in the United States
    Evidence of compelling social and economic ties abroad
    Applicants for visitor visas should generally apply at the American Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over their place of permanent residence. Although visa applicants may apply at any U.S. consular office abroad, it may be more difficult to qualify for the visa outside the country of permanent residence.

Comment

International visitors holding an I visa (for journalists, representatives of foreign media organizations, etc.) are typically allowed to engage in recreational activities and travel during their stay in the United States. However, the terms and conditions of the visa, as well as any relevant U.S. immigration laws and regulations, should be carefully reviewed to ensure compliance. Additionally, it's always a good idea to check with the relevant U.S. government agency or consulate for the most up-to-date information.

Last edited by Mitchelleters; 02-08-2023, 05:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X