Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-Year HRR and K1 Petition

Hi All!

1.)I would like to be clarified regarding the two-year home residency requirement. According to this website, "any time spent out of the home country will not be counted towards home residency requirement."

Say, if I have been back in my country after the program ended in May 2016, but I have been in and out of the country (not necessarily in US) for periods not less than 2 weeks, does it mean that come May 2018, I have not fulfilled those two years yet? Is there any way of determining whether the two-year home residency requirement has been fulfilled or not?

2.) Another question is the advisability of my fiance petitioning me for a K1 visa while fulfilling my 2-year home requirement. Is this possible? or I do have to finish my two year home requirement first before petitioning? I read that it takes around 6-9 mos for the processing, can I ask to be petitioned 6-9 mos before May 2018?

Thanks!

1) INA212(e) HRR requirement is counted in the aggregate. So, no you would not have completed that requirement by May 2018 if you had spent time outside your home country

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X