Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! DS 260 Questions please help!!!

Hi,

I am petitioning both my parents at the same time from Malaysia. They have been to the US before and have overstayed. It has been 17 years since they moved back to Malaysia. I am currently filling out the form for DS 260 and the question about permanent addresses is a real pain. I know for a fact that my parents have moved around a lot in their lives and have lived in multiple places and countries. So my question is:

1.)Do they need to provide and address FOR EVERY place they lived in for more than 6 months? Whether that be within Malaysia or another country?
    2.)Would I need to provide the address of where they stayed when they were in the US? How would I get a police clearance for that?
    3.)If they have lived in, for example: "Taiwan", for a year but they never paid taxes there or registered as a permanent resident or anything. How can they get a police clearance for Taiwan if they have never technically on the record?
    4.)Do you think finding a lawyer to help me with this case would be beneficial? I am already half way in the process and have all my other documents ready to go and all I need is to finish this DS 260 form.

Thank you guys so much in advance for your help and suggestions.

Sincerely,
    Confused

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X