Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for I-824 after I-140 Approval ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for I-824 after I-140 Approval ?

I have my I-140 Approved with PD as "Current". I'm currently on H1B Extension but would have to leave US immediately due to personal commitments on my home country. I may not be returning soon & want to apply for consular processing I-824. My employer would be withdrawing my H1 Extension case since I'm not returning to US that soon. Please help me with the below queries :

1. Am I eligible to apply for I-824 from outside US ie. in my home country ?

2. Do I need any documents from my current employer in US who filed I-140 case ?

3. It takes about 6-8 months for I-824 to be approved based on the current processing times. During this interim period until my I-824 is approved, can I start some higher education in a different country other than the home country and once approved then return to my home country for attending the consulate interview or should I strictly be in my home country until the whole process is complete ?

4. Once the I-824 is approved - during the interview will the immigration officer in the US consulate in my home country question me for starting education in a different country during this 8 months waiting period for my I-824 approval though I want to eventually relocate to US after getting my green card ?

5. What are all the supporting documents needed for applying I-824 and to get it approved ?

6. In general what are the chances of getting the I-824 approved & to get a Green Card ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X