X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing employers with I-140 approved and spouse working on H4-EAD

Dear Attorneys / Members,

Scenario is as under:-

1. I work for 'H1Company' with a 'H1Client'.

2. My Priority Date is Oct 2015 and my I-140 got approved in March 2016.

3. My spouse has H4-EAD and works for H4Company with H4Client.

4. Now 'H1Client' has extended an offer for FTE to me. It is a large investment bank in USA.

5. Is it feasible for me to accept the offer from 'H1Client' without losing my PD and I-140. Is it going to have any effect on spouse H4-EAD.

5.1. What legal actions need to be taken by 'H1Client' to effectively hire me in terms of applications and documentation.

5.2. I understand as per current regulations 'H1Company' can not revoke my approved labor or I-140. What else they can do if they want to play dirty? (Not that I expect them to).

My records are all clean in US and India.

Would appreciate your guidance on this situation. May be it is a lot of information to give so if you can point me to resources to read and research I will appreciate that as well.

Thanks,

Rajat

In same situation

I'm also in the same situation. Let me know, if you find any answers. And if you have already transferred your H1B to your H1Client, let me know how the I140 and H4 EAD transfers went through.

Originally posted by rajat.tiwari View Post
    Dear Attorneys / Members,

Scenario is as under:-

1. I work for 'H1Company' with a 'H1Client'.

2. My Priority Date is Oct 2015 and my I-140 got approved in March 2016.

3. My spouse has H4-EAD and works for H4Company with H4Client.

4. Now 'H1Client' has extended an offer for FTE to me. It is a large investment bank in USA.

5. Is it feasible for me to accept the offer from 'H1Client' without losing my PD and I-140. Is it going to have any effect on spouse H4-EAD.

5.1. What legal actions need to be taken by 'H1Client' to effectively hire me in terms of applications and documentation.

5.2. I understand as per current regulations 'H1Company' can not revoke my approved labor or I-140. What else they can do if they want to play dirty? (Not that I expect them to).

My records are all clean in US and India.

Would appreciate your guidance on this situation. May be it is a lot of information to give so if you can point me to resources to read and research I will appreciate that as well.

Thanks,

Rajat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X