Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Cards not yet received - timeframe to request for replacement cards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Cards not yet received - timeframe to request for replacement cards??

Hi all.

I am having a bit of a difficulty, mainly because i am currently not in the USA. I got the Diversity visa which i entered with my 1st born (2nd born did not get included in the application hence his status is a bit in a limbo).

Now the address in my application is no longer valid, it was a friends address BUT she had moved. A week after i entered the USA, i used the USCIS form online to submit my address change request, and i got an email saying that it has been updated. Now months later, i was expecting my card to be delivered to the updated address, but nothing so far.

So i opened a case with USCIS for my cards (my son's and mine), and surprisingly, USCIS said, my cards had been delivered with a tracking number given. Using the tracking number, it was shown that 20 days AFTER i made the address change, the card got delivered to the OLD ADDRESS.

Here is what USCIS said:

" The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS to notify us that you have not received your Permanent Resident Card (PRC). Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

On December 23, 2016, we sent your Permanent Resident Card to you using the address we had on file. The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) has not returned your card to this office. The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) shows delivery on December 24, 2016. The USPS tracking number is _________________.

What You Can Do
    If you did not receive your card, to receive a replacement card, you may wish to submit a new original Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, with the proper fee and your original signature. Please read the instructions on the Form I-90 instruction page carefully before filing your application with us. "

I asked my friend to check with the neighbors and the neighbors came back with a negative (they paid the old address a visit and the tenant said no such mails had arrived). At the moment i am not sure if the current tenant of the old address is telling the truth or could not be bothered to check properly.

So now i am not sure what am i supposed to do. I have not even received the card, and currently i am out of the country.

If i want to proceed with the replacement, i would have to fly to the USA, find a place to stay and re-apply for a new car, all costing money and currently i still have to work daily for sustenance.

Would it be possible to request for USCIS to re-issue me a new card without having to re-apply again (with biometrics and all that)? I mean, i have updated the address, why would USCIS not use the new one and 20 days AFTER i updated the address, they still use the old one???!!

If no, how long would the process usually be? (which means i would have to travel to the USA, stay there till it is sorted - which i am not sure if that is even possible considering that i need to pay rent and work as well)

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X