Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Minor - OCI application process - PIO to OCI (FRRO Mumbai)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Minor - OCI application process - PIO to OCI (FRRO Mumbai)

Below are the events as they happened during the process and I have listed down as it is. I am thankful to all contributors for such wonderful posts which makes our life easier. This is just a small step to give back for what I have got.

"OCI Filing Process for my 6yr Old Son from Pune"

We had PIO for our kid while returning from US. We were also hearing that PIO would be now considered same as OCI. But we still thought to go ahead and get the OCI.

1. Fill the online application form at - https://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome (and select this button - "OCI Registration (In Lieu Of Valid PIO-Card)")

2. Complete sections A and B of the form. Upload relevant documents and download the PDF file. Keep the file no. safe for future.

3. Print the OCI application and sign it at relevant places.

4. Take xerox of the relewant documents you uploaded and attach it to the OCI application.

5. Send it via Courier or Speed Post to FRRO, Mumbai.

6. We happen to enquire the status of the application over phone after a week, but they told us that you need to physically submit the application at our office.
    But we waited for some more time and received the acknowledgemnt from "[email protected]" in another weeks time.

7. Now you should be able to track you application status online at - https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury (Fill in the passport no. and the file no.)
    Document Printing Status would be "UNDER-PROCESS", unless any issues.

8. After 1.5 months, the status changed to PROCESSED and OCI- Number was generated.

9. Documents were dispatched from MOIA (OCI) Delhi to Mumbai FRRO pretty much the same day, as per the dates displayed.

10. In a weeks time got a call from FRRO Pune, to get the FORM C and Police verification completed.

11. Documents for police Verification:
    a. Download Form C at - https://punepolice.co.in/pdfs/pdf/C%...1020151838.pdf. Fill the form. (if you already have Form C and none of the details have changed, then Xerox copy of old Form C can be submitted)
    b. Residence Verification - print the 2nd page of - https://punepolice.co.in/pdfs/pdf/st...1020151830.pdf. Fill the form.
    c. Xerox copy of Passport of kid - Personal Information page and page with last arrival stamp in India
    d. Xerox copy of Passport of Father and Mother (First and Last page, if both have Indian passport)
    e. Xerox copy of Birth Certificate of kid.
    f. Xerox copy of latest Electricity bill (if own house)

Get the Residence Verification form signed from police station. They will seal it in a envelop and stamp it. (They may or may not ask for a house visit for verification)

12. At FRRO Pune, for new Form C:
    a. Make a Xerox of Form C filled by you.
    b. Submit below documents along with Form C and get "Form C Received" stamp on it. They will keep a copy and give one to you.
    c. Again take a Xerox of stampped Form C.

13. Now you need to submit below documents at FRRO Pune
    a. Xerox copy of Passport of kid - Personal Information page and page with last arrival stamp in India
    b. Xerox copy of Passport of Father and Mother (First and Last page, if both have Indian passport)
    c. Xerox copy of Birth Certificate of kid.
    d. Bonafide letter of employment from Father's employer
    e. Bonafide letter for Kid from school
    g. Residence verification from Local police station in a Sealed Envelop (from step 11)
    h. Xerox of stamped Form C (from step 12)
    i. Xerox of Residential Permit, if you already have one.

This ends the process. We were told that a police verification will happen in a weeks time.

14. I waited for 2 weeks, but no police verification happened. So called FRRO, Pune and informed them the same. I was surprised when they told me that you can go to FRRO Mumbai and collect the OCI. No action is needed here.

15. Called up FRRO Mumbai to check if any appointment is required to collect OCI. They told come in person to collect the OCI card and no need to bring the child with you. Just carry the kid's passport and old PIO.

Some important points / queries:

1. For minor, if passport is renewed. Do I need to re-apply for OCI?
    Ans. Yes. Fill in OCI-misc form online and resubmit at FRRO Mumbai. Don't have to bring the child to FRRO.

2. For adults, OCI application through courier is not accepted and returned back to origin.

3. If application sent through courier, no acknowledgement slip is gnerated. Acknowledgement slip is given only when you submit application in person at FRRO Mumbai.

4. To collect OCI card (once printed), carry your passport, PIO (if any) and acknowledgement slip (if any).

5. FRRO Mumbai is also open on 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of the month. Working hours on Saturday are 10.00am to 12.00pm. For my kid, I reach FRRO by 9.00am and saw 2-3 people in outside. We were allowed to enter only after 9.30 am.
    Get the visitor pass from reception and go to 3rd floor of the building. There is a OCI Cell. Get a token for youself and await your turn.

Thank you for your contribution as well!
    Application Center: CKGS NY
    OCI
    Feb 3, 2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
    Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
    Feb 8 -Govt of India: Date Of Acknowledgment
    -Documents Printing Status: UNDER-PROCESS

RENUNCIATION
    Feb 3,2017 -Application Received & Verification Complete
    Feb 6 -'Under Process' at CKGS
    Feb 7 -In-Transit & Under Process at Consulate
    Feb 8 -'Reviewed' by Consulate and ‘In Transit’ to CKGS

Comment

FRO -Chaturshrungi

For Pune:
      Specific to Chaturshrungi police station; please note there is specific time 5pm to 7 pm. Additionally you are also required to bring in the applicants (yes, even if they are small).
      See attached for specific requirements, basically bring everything from home.
      Attached Files

Comment

Minor applicants

Thank you for the detailed information, i have question for 9 year old minor can parent sign on behalf of kid and also email and mobile no can be of parent, request please if you can clarify this will be helpful.

Comment

Need help for OCI Card

Originally posted by bvvl View Post
          Thank you for the detailed information, i have question for 9 year old minor can parent sign on behalf of kid and also email and mobile no can be of parent, request please if you can clarify this will be helpful.
          Hello Need help here. One of mine friend, her daughter is US born and currently in India on India VISA. Her visa is expired, And we are planning to File PIO card for her. Can we do that from India.?
          Actually here there is one problem with my friend. she is separated from Husband. Husband is living in US and he denied to sign any of the paper. With one of the parent sign will the process work?

Thanks,
          Vinay

Comment

Originally posted by gaurav99 View Post
            Below are the events as they happened during the process and I have listed down as it is. I am thankful to all contributors for such wonderful posts which makes our life easier. This is just a small step to give back for what I have got.

"OCI Filing Process for my 6yr Old Son from Pune"

We had PIO for our kid while returning from US. We were also hearing that PIO would be now considered same as OCI. But we still thought to go ahead and get the OCI.

1. Fill the online application form at - https://passport.gov.in/oci/welcome (and select this button - "OCI Registration (In Lieu Of Valid PIO-Card)")

2. Complete sections A and B of the form. Upload relevant documents and download the PDF file. Keep the file no. safe for future.

3. Print the OCI application and sign it at relevant places.

4. Take xerox of the relewant documents you uploaded and attach it to the OCI application.

5. Send it via Courier or Speed Post to FRRO, Mumbai.

6. We happen to enquire the status of the application over phone after a week, but they told us that you need to physically submit the application at our office.
            But we waited for some more time and received the acknowledgemnt from "[email protected]" in another weeks time.

7. Now you should be able to track you application status online at - https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury (Fill in the passport no. and the file no.)
            Document Printing Status would be "UNDER-PROCESS", unless any issues.

8. After 1.5 months, the status changed to PROCESSED and OCI- Number was generated.

9. Documents were dispatched from MOIA (OCI) Delhi to Mumbai FRRO pretty much the same day, as per the dates displayed.

10. In a weeks time got a call from FRRO Pune, to get the FORM C and Police verification completed.

11. Documents for police Verification:
            a. Download Form C at - https://punepolice.co.in/pdfs/pdf/C%...1020151838.pdf. Fill the form. (if you already have Form C and none of the details have changed, then Xerox copy of old Form C can be submitted)
            b. Residence Verification - print the 2nd page of - https://punepolice.co.in/pdfs/pdf/st...1020151830.pdf. Fill the form.
            c. Xerox copy of Passport of kid - Personal Information page and page with last arrival stamp in India
            d. Xerox copy of Passport of Father and Mother (First and Last page, if both have Indian passport)
            e. Xerox copy of Birth Certificate of kid.

Get the Residence Verification form signed from police station. They will seal it in a envelop and stamp it. (They may or may not ask for a house visit for verification)

12. At FRRO Pune, for new Form C:
            a. Make a Xerox of Form C filled by you.
            b. Submit below documents along with Form C and get "Form C Received" stamp on it. They will keep a copy and give one to you.
            c. Again take a Xerox of stampped Form C.

13. Now you need to submit below documents at FRRO Pune
            a. Xerox copy of Passport of kid - Personal Information page and page with last arrival stamp in India
            b. Xerox copy of Passport of Father and Mother (First and Last page, if both have Indian passport)
            c. Xerox copy of Birth Certificate of kid.
            d. Bonafide letter of employment from Father's employer
            e. Bonafide letter for Kid from school
            g. Residence verification from Local police station in a Sealed Envelop (from step 11)
            h. Xerox of stamped Form C (from step 12)
            i. Xerox of Residential Permit, if you already have one.

This ends the process. We were told that a police verification will happen in a weeks time.

14. I waited for 2 weeks, but no police verification happened. So called FRRO, Pune and informed them the same. I was surprised when they told me that you can go to FRRO Mumbai and collect the OCI. No action is needed here.

15. Called up FRRO Mumbai to check if any appointment is required to collect OCI. They told come in person to collect the OCI card and no need to bring the child with you. Just carry the kid's passport and old PIO.

Some important points / queries:

1. For minor, if passport is renewed. Do I need to re-apply for OCI?
            Ans. Yes. Fill in OCI-misc form online and resubmit at FRRO Mumbai. Don't have to bring the child to FRRO.

2. For adults, OCI application through courier is not accepted and returned back to origin.

3. If application sent through courier, no acknowledgement slip is gnerated. Acknowledgement slip is given only when you submit application in person at FRRO Mumbai.

4. To collect OCI card (once printed), carry your passport, PIO (if any) and acknowledgement slip (if any).

5. FRRO Mumbai is also open on 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturday of the month. Working hours on Saturday are 10.00am to 12.00pm. For my kid, I reach FRRO by 9.00am and saw 2-3 people in outside. We were allowed to enter only after 9.30 am.
            Get the visitor pass from reception and go to 3rd floor of the building. There is a OCI Cell. Get a token for youself and await your turn.
            can also tell the fee and how to pay for PIO to OCI conversion for minors?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X