I-131 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-131 Questions

I entered the US on a K-1 visa recently and quickly married my fiance. I'm completing my I-485 package and am considering submitting an I-131 with it.

The principal reason I want to submit I-131 is that my aged father is in the UK and its possible some emergency may necessitate I need to return and see him. Would I-131 allow me to do that before AoS is complete and if so under application type should I apply for 1a reentry permit, or 1d advanced parole?

Thanks in advance.

Advance Parole

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Veuve View Post
      I entered the US on a K-1 visa recently and quickly married my fiance. I'm completing my I-485 package and am considering submitting an I-131 with it.

The principal reason I want to submit I-131 is that my aged father is in the UK and its possible some emergency may necessitate I need to return and see him. Would I-131 allow me to do that before AoS is complete and if so under application type should I apply for 1a reentry permit, or 1d advanced parole?

Thanks in advance.
      You would need to use "Advanced Parole" for the K-1 visa if you're submitting the I-131. However, you rightfully didn't consider the Advanced Parole a "free pass". It's meant for emergencies not for casual vacations. The CBP and immigration have the right to deny entry even with advance parole...
      --Good luck--
      Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
        You would need to use "Advanced Parole" for the K-1 visa if you're submitting the I-131. However, you rightfully didn't consider the Advanced Parole a "free pass". It's meant for emergencies not for casual vacations. The CBP and immigration have the right to deny entry even with advance parole...
        Actually, it is for casual vacations for AOS applicants, under current policy. You are not asked to provide a reason to get it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Actually, it is for casual vacations for AOS applicants, under current policy. You are not asked to provide a reason to get it.
          In that case, I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.
          --Good luck--
          Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X