Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I continue with my job on the basis of H4 EAD receipt notice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I continue with my job on the basis of H4 EAD receipt notice?

Hello Everyone,

My current H4 EAD expires on March 29, 2017 and I've applied for the renewal. I've received the receipt notice, but my renewal application is still pending with USCIS. Therefore, I was just wondering if I can continue with my job post March 29, 2017 on the basis of the H4 EAD receipt notice.

Note: The receipt notice mentions a number of conditions in order for one to be able to continue with his/her current job on the basis of the receipt. Following is one of the conditions which I think I don't satisfy.

"Your EAD renewal is under a category that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension (see www.uscis.gov/I-765 for a list of categories)"

I had a look at the eligible categories that fall under an automatic 180-day extension criteria from the link below:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension

Per my understanding, since 'C26' is NOT one of the categories listed from the above link, I'm not eligible to continue further on the basis of H4 EAD receipt notice.

Please advise if my understanding is correct.

Regards,
    Saavi

Originally posted by saaviparikh View Post
    hello everyone,

my current h4 ead expires on march 29, 2017 and i've applied for the renewal. I've received the receipt notice, but my renewal application is still pending with uscis. Therefore, i was just wondering if i can continue with my job post march 29, 2017 on the basis of the h4 ead receipt notice.

note: the receipt notice mentions a number of conditions in order for one to be able to continue with his/her current job on the basis of the receipt. Following is one of the conditions which i think i don't satisfy.

"your ead renewal is under a category that is eligible for an automatic 180-day extension (see www.uscis.gov/i-765 for a list of categories)"

i had a look at the eligible categories that fall under an automatic 180-day extension criteria from the link below:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...-ead-extension

per my understanding, since 'c26' is not one of the categories listed from the above link, i'm not eligible to continue further on the basis of h4 ead receipt notice.

Please advise if my understanding is correct.

Regards,
    saavi
    hello saavi,
    what happened after your ead expired, where you able o continue working for 180 days or you had to drop work wait until you had your new ead card and then resume work?
    Would you be kind enough to throw some light on this as i sail in the same boat currently.
    Much appreciated.
    Thank you

Comment

H4 EAD may work on Renewal Receipt Notice if H4 extension is already approved

I called USCIS on Mar 5,'18 and explained my case that I have a valid extension already approved on my H4 visa along with the primary H1B visa (Both expire in 2022). However my current EAD is valid until April 2018. Can I work between the receipt notice and approval notice? The USCIS rep gave me an answer as "YES".

I asked for a documentation on USCIS that supports it, but she said that they don't have any that shows it, and that USCIS ENTERTAINS calls from employers to check if this is legal. And in my case, the employers will receive a go-ahead. Anyways, there is no document on USCIS that specifically says that H4 EAD renewals cannot work between Receipt notice and approval notice if H4 has been already extended and approved.

I keep seeing all the negative comments on this H4 EAD extension and today I feel relieved. Most answers are based on the fact that most H4 EAD expires along with H4 and H1B visa, in which case, its true.

Originally posted by Arunxavi View Post
      hello saavi,
      what happened after your ead expired, where you able o continue working for 180 days or you had to drop work wait until you had your new ead card and then resume work?
      Would you be kind enough to throw some light on this as i sail in the same boat currently.
      Much appreciated.
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by h4ead_shiv View Post
        I called USCIS on Mar 5,'18 and explained my case that I have a valid extension already approved on my H4 visa along with the primary H1B visa (Both expire in 2022). However my current EAD is valid until April 2018. Can I work between the receipt notice and approval notice? The USCIS rep gave me an answer as "YES".

I asked for a documentation on USCIS that supports it, but she said that they don't have any that shows it, and that USCIS ENTERTAINS calls from employers to check if this is legal. And in my case, the employers will receive a go-ahead. Anyways, there is no document on USCIS that specifically says that H4 EAD renewals cannot work between Receipt notice and approval notice if H4 has been already extended and approved.

I keep seeing all the negative comments on this H4 EAD extension and today I feel relieved. Most answers are based on the fact that most H4 EAD expires along with H4 and H1B visa, in which case, its true.
        Hello Saavi,

i am kind of in a same situation so very to know what did you do finally? really appreciate if you can share it with us

Comment

Originally posted by h4ead_shiv View Post

Hi Shiv,

Can you please tell me how did you make this done. My EAD expires in October. My spouse employer will file only H1 & H4 in premium. They will not do H4 EAD. Once I get my approval, I can apply for H4 EAD renewal. But recent processing times show that 5 months will take for EAD renewal. Please let me know do I need to call USCIS to get this done or my employer has to call.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X