Recieved RFE again!! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recieved RFE again!! :(

Second application and second RFE. Has anyone ever been approved after responding to an RFE?

Because - again - the US office doesn't have a business plan outlining how it will support a manager/executive?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Because - again - the US office doesn't have a business plan outlining how it will support a manager/executive?

How do you know this? We have submitted a 40 page detailed business plan on both occasions. My daughter and in-laws live in the US and we want to do everything we can to be together so we made sure we have a very detailed plan put together. My UK business has 17 staff members and US business needs my skills to be able to develop it further. I'm only applying for a 1 year visa so if I haven't sown significant growth in that time I get that they wont re-new, but surely I should be given the opportunity to do what we say we will first?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1980 View Post
        How do you know this? We have submitted a 40 page detailed business plan on both occasions. My daughter and in-laws live in the US and we want to do everything we can to be together so we made sure we have a very detailed plan put together. My UK business has 17 staff members and US business needs my skills to be able to develop it further. I'm only applying for a 1 year visa so if I haven't sown significant growth in that time I get that they wont re-new, but surely I should be given the opportunity to do what we say we will first?
        I don't specifically know it to be the issue in your case, it just happens to be the most common ground for L1 denial. You're the one with the RFE letter; we won't know what specific deficiencies USCIS alleges, nor would know the specific deficiencies your L1 petition has without reviewing the business plan and both organizational charts

Your response to me does raise 3 separate red flags, which you should be aware of when crafting your narratives for USCIS review:
        - "my daughters and in laws live in the US" - they tend to not consider family employees or future employees to be real employees
        - "and we want to to everything we can to be together" - the focus of a L1 petition should be on whats best for the business, not individual persons involved in the business
        - "US business needs my skills to develop it further" - that implies that you generate work product, which is the role of a professional not a manager

USCIS should grant you the opportunity to accomplish the goals of the L1 visa, but only if you can cogently articulate your vision for accomplishing those goals to the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          I don't specifically know it to be the issue in your case, it just happens to be the most common ground for L1 denial. You're the one with the RFE letter; we won't know what specific deficiencies USCIS alleges, nor would know the specific deficiencies your L1 petition has without reviewing the business plan and both organizational charts

Your response to me does raise 3 separate red flags, which you should be aware of when crafting your narratives for USCIS review:
          - "my daughters and in laws live in the US" - they tend to not consider family employees or future employees to be real employees
          - "and we want to to everything we can to be together" - the focus of a L1 petition should be on whats best for the business, not individual persons involved in the business
          - "US business needs my skills to develop it further" - that implies that you generate work product, which is the role of a professional not a manager

USCIS should grant you the opportunity to accomplish the goals of the L1 visa, but only if you can cogently articulate your vision for accomplishing those goals to the agency.

Thank you for your reply, its very helpful.

I wont be employing any family members, the fact that they live there only gives me the extra drive to succeed in the business so that we can remain together. This will be better for the business as the need to do well impacts on family life in the end.

As a manager I need to set the goals for the business and manage staff to meet said goals amongst other duties. I need to hire the correct employees to do so.
          Maybe I could hire you if I need to try again at some point!

Thanks again. You certainly know your stuff.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X