Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Indian Passport With Valid L1 Visa

Hi All,

I lost my expired Indian passport with with valid US L1B Individual Visa.

Recently in last December i renewed my Indian passport(with no US Visa), as my last passport was running out of pages.

On my last trip to Miami i lost my old expired passport (having valid US visa) in flight or airport. i am trying very hard to find the same.

i came to know yesterday about my lost passport.

i seen in some sites we have many suggestions there. someone please clarify me on below queries.

1] I am going to police to report tomorrow for the same --> may police in US tell me to leave the country even after having valid I-129 Form or I94 Form(mapped to lost passport Number) ?

2] Understood from US State gov site link, after notifying to US Embassy at Foreign country(India or where Visa has been issued) about your lost Visa they will make your Visa as invalid --> I am planning to travel India for visa stamping on new passport. in worst case if embassy denied to transfer my visa to new passport is it possible to return back to US?

3] I got L1 B visa from Malaysia. do i need to contact US embassy at Malaysia for renewal or home country ?

4] Current visa is getting expired on feb 2018, so there was plan to go to interview for visa extension in oct. can i wait till December 2017 in USA itself and then go extension, because if embassy denied for transferring of visa i cant come back to VISA ?

please help on above queries also request you to suggest if need to take any other proofs other than , old passport copies,police report,I-129,I94 etc

Request your kind and immediate reply so that I can do the necessary formalities in parallel.

Regards
    Sunil M
    Phone : *** 2172024687
    Last edited by sunilmud; 03-24-2017, 08:38 AM.

Need to Pay Visa Fees again for lost L1 Visa replacement

Originally posted by sunilmud View Post
    :

Hi All,

I lost my expired Indian passport with with valid US L1B Individual Visa.

Recently in last December i renewed my Indian passport(with no US Visa), as my last passport was running out of pages.

On my last trip to Miami i lost my old expired passport (having valid US visa) in flight or airport. i am trying very hard to find the same.

i came to know yesterday about my lost passport.

i seen in some sites we have many suggestions there. someone please clarify me on below queries.

1] I am going to police to report tomorrow for the same --> may police in US tell me to leave the country even after having valid I-129 Form or I94 Form(mapped to lost passport Number) ?

2] Understood from US State gov site link, after notifying to US Embassy at Foreign country(India or where Visa has been issued) about your lost Visa they will make your Visa as invalid --> I am planning to travel India for visa stamping on new passport. in worst case if embassy denied to transfer my visa to new passport is it possible to return back to US?

3] I got L1 B visa from Malaysia. do i need to contact US embassy at Malaysia for renewal or home country ?

4] Current visa is getting expired on feb 2018, so there was plan to go to interview for visa extension in oct. can i wait till December 2017 in USA itself and then go extension, because if embassy denied for transferring of visa i cant come back to VISA ?

please help on above queries also request you to suggest if need to take any other proofs other than , old passport copies,police report,I-129,I94 etc

Request your kind and immediate reply so that I can do the necessary formalities in parallel.

Regards
    Sunil M
    Phone : *** 2172024687

Let me update my current status.

I lodged police complaint at local police station and called Customer Service at chennai US embassy and provided all details to embassy provided email id "'[email protected]"

waiting for the response from chennai embassy now.

have few more queries can some help for the same.

1] I have been issued last Visa from Kualalumpur Malasiya --> do i need to contact and inform Kualalumpur Malaysia as well.
    2] My I94 Form have old passport details in it. do i need to raise request t change passport number in it as well.--> i see it includes much charge $480 +
    3] I have been asked to raise DS160 form again. i am at last step that scheduling appointment. do need to pay the all visa again its showing payment window for Visa fee now

thanks in advance

Comment

I lodged police complaint at local police station and called Customer Service at chennai US embassy and provided all details to embassy provided email id "'[email protected]"

1] I have been issued last Visa from Kualalumpur Malasiya --> do i need to contact and inform Kualalumpur Malaysia as well.
      2] My I94 Form have old passport details in it. do i need to raise request t change passport number in it as well.--> i see it includes much charge $480 +
      3] I have been asked to raise DS160 form again. i am at last step that scheduling appointment. do need to pay the all visa again its showing payment window for Visa fee now

thanks in advance
      How did it go for you?
      My spouse(H4) has lost her passport, before registering a police complaint will like to know your experience.

Comment

thanks in advance
        Hi Did you Apply for a new Visa Stamp. If so, did you apply from Canada or Mexico? I am in the same boat too hence wanted to know how it went through

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X