Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to India - Child Support Payment

Hi,

I am an Indian American who is currently divorced and I have a father who is sick in India and he needs to be taken care. I have no siblings or anyone who can take care of him. I also went through a divorce last year and I have a child and child support obligations through US Court to my ex wife. I want to come back to India and I want to take care of my father till he lives and then once he passes, I might come back to USA or plan to settle down in India itself. I am not sure what I should be doing in such case. Also, this divorce has caused me so much of depression and I do not have any kind of family support here and I am all alone here and I need some kind of family support system to make me normal and have some life ahead of me. I am confused what I should do, if I move back to India, how will the child support obligations work if I am not able to work and take care of my dad. He has few rental property and I am planning to live out of that till he dies.

Please, advice.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help

Originally posted by onteri2017 View Post
    Hi,

I am an Indian American who is currently divorced and I have a father who is sick in India and he needs to be taken care. I have no siblings or anyone who can take care of him. I also went through a divorce last year and I have a child and child support obligations through US Court to my ex wife. I want to come back to India and I want to take care of my father till he lives and then once he passes, I might come back to USA or plan to settle down in India itself. I am not sure what I should be doing in such case. Also, this divorce has caused me so much of depression and I do not have any kind of family support here and I am all alone here and I need some kind of family support system to make me normal and have some life ahead of me. I am confused what I should do, if I move back to India, how will the child support obligations work if I am not able to work and take care of my dad. He has few rental property and I am planning to live out of that till he dies.

Please, advice.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and help
    I see you have more than one post asking similar questions even though each post reads differently. But just for clarification, Your child support obligations are court ordered by a United States court. Moving back to India, giving up your U.S. citizenship, working or not working, etc., none of those things will cancel out the child support obligations. I think that is the answer you are and aren't looking for.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X