L2 EAD - need information regarding fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 EAD - need information regarding fee

Hi. I am on L2 visa and planing to apply for EAD. The fee mentioned is 410$ and additional 85$ for biometric. It is mention in USCIS that only only three catered need to pay for biometric, which I feel I don't belong to. I have come here with my spouse who is on L1. Can someone help me in understanding that if I should for biometric air not. And will it be a problem if I pay biometric fee irrespective of whether I need to or not?
    Thanks
    Shivani

Originally posted by Shivani Kaushal View Post
    Hi. I am on L2 visa and planing to apply for EAD. The fee mentioned is 410$ and additional 85$ for biometric. It is mention in USCIS that only only three catered need to pay for biometric, which I feel I don't belong to. I have come here with my spouse who is on L1. Can someone help me in understanding that if I should for biometric air not. And will it be a problem if I pay biometric fee irrespective of whether I need to or not?
    Thanks
    Shivani
    I am on L2 and got my EAD last week. I paid $410 as fees and submitted my paper application. I understand paper application doesnt get called for biometrics.

Comment

Originally posted by jayabas View Post
      I am on L2 and got my EAD last week. I paid $410 as fees and submitted my paper application. I understand paper application doesnt get called for biometrics.
      Me too paid 410.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jayabas View Post
      Jayabas - Can I know when did you applied for EAD . whats the wait time and did you called after 75 days to expedite or anything ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mshah1 View Post
        Me too paid 410.

- - - Updated - - -

Jayabas - Can I know when did you applied for EAD . whats the wait time and did you called after 75 days to expedite or anything ? Thanks in advance.
        Receipt of application at USCIS, Dallas - 25th Jan 2017
        Approved by USCIS - 16th Mar 2017
        EAD Card Received on - 28th Mar 2017

Comment

EAD - timings

Hi,

just a confirmation for timings:

EAD application received by USCIS 15th February 2017.
          E-mail notification from the receipt received on 22nd February 2017.
          Card is being produced (online status changed) on 4th April 2017 (48 days from 15th Feb.)

From now it should take like a week to receive the card via regular mail.

Fee: USD 410.00 (send via cashiers check with the application)
          The application was sent to Texas.

I hope this helps for some of you.

Regards,
          Kati

Comment

Originally posted by Shivani Kaushal View Post
            Thanks
            Shivani
            I paid only $410 and had submitted the documents by mail.

My case status is - New Card Is Being Produced - so I hope biometrics was not required at all.

Comment

Originally posted by h_kati View Post
              Hi,

just a confirmation for timings:

EAD application received by USCIS 15th February 2017.
              E-mail notification from the receipt received on 22nd February 2017.
              Card is being produced (online status changed) on 4th April 2017 (48 days from 15th Feb.)

From now it should take like a week to receive the card via regular mail.

Fee: USD 410.00 (send via cashiers check with the application)
              The application was sent to Texas.

I hope this helps for some of you.

Regards,
              Kati

Card was mailed on 21st April and received on 25th April.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X