Please Help! J-1 Visa I-485 forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! J-1 Visa I-485 forms

My wife and I married while she was on a J-1 Visa Exchange Vistitor (Not subject to the 2 year rule). I am an American Citizen and we are currently filling out our adjustment of status paperwork (I-485, I-131,I-130,I-130A,I-765, I-864 and Biographical form. She believes that she has to go back to her country because her J-1 visa expired on the 19th of March so she can not work anymore and her last day to stay here in the US is the end of the month. We have been unable to send the papers because the hospital doing her medical exam form has been rescheduling us week by week. Everything else is done, now we just need the form filled out this week and we can send the papers. If we send the papers even a few days after her last day, legally is that okay? and will we have any problems? I don't want to have to send her back to Peru and do the papers and then wait for her to come back because i fear it may take longer.

Originally posted by Cory172 View Post
    If we send the papers even a few days after her last day, legally is that okay? and will we have any problems? I don't want to have to send her back to Peru and do the papers and then wait for her to come back because i fear it may take longer.
    Yes, no, that fear is well placed

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Yes, no, that fear is well placed
      So you're saying its okay?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X