Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India via Dubai Stopover concern

Hello Guys !

I have plans to travel to India in the month of May 2017 . I am currently in USA in H1-B visa which is valid till end of 2018 . I am travelling to India via Dubai through Emirates. While going to India I am planning to take a stopover for 3 days in Dubai (using UAE 96-hour transit visa facility) for some sightseeing and shopping . After that I am continuing towards my destination in India . I will be coming back to USA again in first week of June and my family (spouse + kid) will be coming back in end of june . My concern is because of all current US travel ban confusion and other situations will it be problem for us while entering USA back ? I mean because we will have Dubai Immigration stamps in our passport and because of our visit to Dubai will there be any supposed issue in our return back to USA ?

If someone has done similar kind of travel or can provide some insights on this , it will be great

Thanks,
    Gourab

Originally posted by gourabm View Post
    Hello Guys !

I have plans to travel to India in the month of May 2017 . I am currently in USA in H1-B visa which is valid till end of 2018 . I am travelling to India via Dubai through Emirates. While going to India I am planning to take a stopover for 3 days in Dubai (using UAE 96-hour transit visa facility) for some sightseeing and shopping . After that I am continuing towards my destination in India . I will be coming back to USA again in first week of June and my family (spouse + kid) will be coming back in end of june . My concern is because of all current US travel ban confusion and other situations will it be problem for us while entering USA back ? I mean because we will have Dubai Immigration stamps in our passport and because of our visit to Dubai will there be any supposed issue in our return back to USA ?

If someone has done similar kind of travel or can provide some insights on this , it will be great

Thanks,
    Gourab
    If you have been issued a 96 hour transit visa then no, you should not have any problems. It's not an immigration stamp, it's just the transit visa stamp.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Any thoughts guys !

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
        If you have been issued a 96 hour transit visa then no, you should not have any problems. It's not an immigration stamp, it's just the transit visa stamp.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
        But with this transit visa I am going out of the Airport for tourism purpose for visting different places in Dubai !! Hence I will cross the immigration and border control check and in that case there will be a immigration stamp , right ?
        However, this is when I am travelling towards India. so when coming back to USA at the port of entry they will check the passport and will see the Dubai immigration stamp and that might cause a problem or delay or hassle for entry or extra question like - "why did you visit dubai , what purpose ?? " , thats my concern .. Is that a thing to be concerned do you think ?

Comment

Currently, the Trump Administration does not show any animus to those who are from or who have visited the UAE

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X