Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer - Joining on receipt only

Hi,
    I am currently working with employer A and got offer from B who is willing to transfer my H1B visa.
    Due to suspension of premium processing B is asking me to join once my petition for extension of status is filed by B.

Need some advise in case I join only with the receipt no and later ( may be after working with few months with B )
    the transfer is denied for any reason :

1. Can I go back to my old employer in this case and start working from him again.
    If yes does he need to file a new LCA/Petition again or I can join at old location with old employer without these.
    2. In case my old employer doesn't take me back or revoke his petition ( while I was working with B ):
    a) can I still transfer to some other employer C without leaving USA? will the 60 days grace period apply in this case?
    Since I was working with B and being paid will I still be out of status?
    b) In case I have to leave USA then in how many days I need to do so? And after that what are my options :
    Can employer B again apply for Transfer of my visa while I am in my home country?
    Can some other employer apply for Transfer of my visa? or it will be all together a new petition under cap exempt?

A related question is in case my transfer goes through and I work for B for few months and later want to go back to old employer , can I
    go back again ( assuming my old petition was not revoked by A ). Do my old employer need to file new LCA/Petition in this case?

Please advise. This is important for me to take decision on whether to go with the transfer or stay with current employer only.

-Amit.

Did you heard anything ? I am in same situation. let me know what was ur decision and if it is safe to do so ?

Depak

Originally posted by amits12 View Post
    Hi,
    I am currently working with employer A and got offer from B who is willing to transfer my H1B visa.
    Due to suspension of premium processing B is asking me to join once my petition for extension of status is filed by B.

Need some advise in case I join only with the receipt no and later ( may be after working with few months with B )
    the transfer is denied for any reason :

1. Can I go back to my old employer in this case and start working from him again.
    If yes does he need to file a new LCA/Petition again or I can join at old location with old employer without these.
    2. In case my old employer doesn't take me back or revoke his petition ( while I was working with B ):
    a) can I still transfer to some other employer C without leaving USA? will the 60 days grace period apply in this case?
    Since I was working with B and being paid will I still be out of status?
    b) In case I have to leave USA then in how many days I need to do so? And after that what are my options :
    Can employer B again apply for Transfer of my visa while I am in my home country?
    Can some other employer apply for Transfer of my visa? or it will be all together a new petition under cap exempt?

A related question is in case my transfer goes through and I work for B for few months and later want to go back to old employer , can I
    go back again ( assuming my old petition was not revoked by A ). Do my old employer need to file new LCA/Petition in this case?

Please advise. This is important for me to take decision on whether to go with the transfer or stay with current employer only.

-Amit.

Comment

Originally posted by dipakdkulkarni View Post
      Did you heard anything ? I am in same situation. let me know what was ur decision and if it is safe to do so ?

Depak
      what did you guys do? I am in the same boat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X