Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Internship start date & late CPT start date HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Internship start date & late CPT start date HELP!!

Hi, everyone,

I would like some help on this. My CPT start date is May 24th, but by internship start date is May 19th. My university says that I can't start before 24th (CPT start date) and My company says that I have to attend the orientation on May 19th. I told them both (university & company) about the situation but none provided a solution or are being flexible. I am really confused about what to do. Please any kind of suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Follow the college information

Originally posted by helppp View Post
    Hi, everyone,

I would like some help on this. My CPT start date is May 24th, but by internship start date is May 19th. My university says that I can't start before 24th (CPT start date) and My company says that I have to attend the orientation on May 19th. I told them both (university & company) about the situation but none provided a solution or are being flexible. I am really confused about what to do. Please any kind of suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi helppp,

You can not attend the orientation on May 19th. Your visa will cancel if the government catch you accidentally. The legally working period should on your I-20 that signed by your advisor or international student service center's employee. That's your legally working schedule for the summer internship(CPT). Period. Good luck.

Thanks.

Comment

Dont start before your CPT date

Originally posted by helppp View Post
      Hi, everyone,

Thanks
      I would also recommend you to not start any job or internship before your cPT start date because if the official will come to know about starting before CPT date you visa status will be at risk..
      You should ask employer to delay your orientation telling your situation.. Find some good internship jobs at job search sites or job portals for international students like OPT Nation.
      OPT Nation has many cpt opt latest jobs ..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X