Eb 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eb 4

I am from India on the R1 visa for the past 3 years.
    The USICS website says
    'EB-4 visa per country limits have been reached for fiscal year 2016 for special immigrants from:India.'
    What does that imply? I would like to apply for permanent residency. How does this affect me if I want to apply for Immigration?
    Thanks

i'm not sure what you are referencing

EB for religious workers from India is "current" ie numbers are authorized for issuance to all qualified applicants

that is, qualified applicants may assemble and submit required documents to the Department of State’s National Visa Center now

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for writing back. I have copied the extract from the USCIS website. I found the explanation on their quite confusing. There was something about the 2010 date. Hence this query.
      I have been here for three years. So what it means is I can apply for GC and the list is running current? And if not current how much time does it take to process EB4.
      Thanks

Comment

I just read the website you are referencing https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...igious-workers which has not been updated since last year. As you can see in the current Visa bulletin, the annual cap has not yet been met for nationals of India https://travel.state.gov/contenthttp...pril-2017.html

Your employer would apply for your green card using Form I-360

If you are not a member of the clergy, but instead some other religious worker, I urge you to get your employer to file your paperwork as soon as possible. This category has been scheduled to sunset at the end of April each year for the last decade, but has been extended by congress at the last moment. I fear that it may not get extended this year

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Comment

Thanks so much. This clears a lot of my doubts. I shall certainly revert to you if anything else comes up.

Comment

Update Eb 4

Hi there! So here's an update. We (my employer and myself) managed to squeeze in an I 360 application to work towards permanent residency. It was filed on 20th October, 2017 and was approved on December 1, 2017.
            Subsequently filed I 485 on 18th December, 2017. My question is how much time would it take for biometrics appointment and then the GC to process? Have also simultaneously applied for travel permit.
            My main concern right now is I might have to travel to India soon as my father is not keeping well. What happens if I need to leave before the travel permit arrives.
            Thanks

Comment

I am so happy to hear that your employer has filed to sponsor your immigrant visa

You should have applied for advance parole (using Form I-131) concurrently when you filed Form I-485. If you did not then, you should do so now attaching your I-485 filing receipt as evidence.

If you choose to leave the United States prior to your advance parole or adjustment of status being approved, you will be abandoning your adjustment of status application. If that happens, you will have to maintain your R-1 visa and return on that status, and then apply for adjustment of status all over again; or you will have to stay outside of the United States until the consulate is able to issue your immigrant visa. If you choose the latter route, you will have to take steps to instruct USCIS to transfer your file to the National Visa Center and route it to the consulate of your choice

Comment

Thanks. I did file I 131 and I 765 at the same time as I 485.

Comment

EB 4 based green card

Hi there
                  Anybody have any experience with EB4 based green card application?
                  Here is my time line

Dec 1, 2017 I360 approved
                  PD October 20
                  Dec 18, 2017 I 485, I 131 and I 765 filed concurrently
                  Jan 19, 2017 Letter for appointment for bio metrics received
                  Jan 26, 2018 Bio metrics done.

Originally submitted to California processing Center. Transferred to Texas Service Center Jan 11, 2018

Now how much more time to get Employment authorization and advance parole approval. And how much longer for the interview and GC?

I am a little anxious as my father is old and not keeping good health. He might have to go in for surgery. I worry I might have to leave at a short notice.

Thanks

Comment

What Happened?

Was your I-765 / I-131 / I-485 Approved? What was the timeline?

Originally posted by Satisavitri View Post
                    Hi there
                    Anybody have any experience with EB4 based green card application?
                    Here is my time line

Dec 1, 2017 I360 approved
                    PD October 20
                    Dec 18, 2017 I 485, I 131 and I 765 filed concurrently
                    Jan 19, 2017 Letter for appointment for bio metrics received
                    Jan 26, 2018 Bio metrics done.

Originally submitted to California processing Center. Transferred to Texas Service Center Jan 11, 2018

Now how much more time to get Employment authorization and advance parole approval. And how much longer for the interview and GC?

I am a little anxious as my father is old and not keeping good health. He might have to go in for surgery. I worry I might have to leave at a short notice.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gcm1980 View Post
                      Was your I-765 / I-131 / I-485 Approved? What was the timeline?
                      I-765 and I-131 got approved. Received the combo card Feb 20th. Applied for renewal in November. Recieved new card early Jan. Still waiting for I-485 approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Satisavitri View Post
                        I-765 and I-131 got approved. Received the combo card Feb 20th. Applied for renewal in November. Recieved new card early Jan. Still waiting for I-485 approval.
                        How about the interview?
                        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                        ---
                        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

This is a quite common problem. Religion is always a sticking point especially when we speak about visas for Muslims or out of Europe countries. Hope you have solved your issues!
                          Last edited by samlynn; 08-27-2019, 04:31 PM. Reason: removed link

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Larsen View Post
                            This is a quite common problem. Religion is always a sticking point especially when we speak about visas for Muslims or out of Europe countries. Hope you have solved your issues!
                            you are absolutely right
                            I rally appriciate what you have said
                            MyBKExperience
                            Last edited by Darc09; 02-12-2020, 02:13 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X