Plan on marrying a Moroccan in a few years. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan on marrying a Moroccan in a few years. Please help

Firstly I'd like to say thank you for any help you can offer, I appreciate it.

So I met this girl in Morocco and we've been dating for a year now and I plan on finally meeting her in 3 months. I'm originally from Togo and moved to USA at 10yrs old. I'm now a citizen. We video chat daily and the relationship is real. I know nothing about the immigration process. We want to get married in a few years if everything goes to plan.
    So my questions are:

1. What should we be doing now to make it easy for her to get a visa in the future?
    2. she takes care of her little sister (15yrs old) can we bring her hear the same time she comes?
    3. I would like to bring her best friend so it'll be easier for her to get acclimated when she comes. What are my best options in doing this? I was thinking student Visa but idk

again thank you so much for any input as I know nothing about this process.

1) Meet up (for fiancee visa). Get married & consummate marriage for immigrant spousal visa

2) No. She's getting left behind. If your wife comes to the United States she might gain citizenship in as few as 3 years, in which case she can petition for her sister back home to get a green card, a 13 year wait. Your best bet for bringing her in sooner is to find the sister a US husband. She might be be able to get student visas or work visas but there are significant hurdles to each

3) Student visas, tourist visas, and work visas have significant hurdles to overcome

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      1) Meet up (for fiancee visa). Get married & consummate marriage for immigrant spousal visa

2) No. She's getting left behind. If your wife comes to the United States she might gain citizenship in as few as 3 years, in which case she can petition for her sister back home to get a green card, a 13 year wait. Your best bet for bringing her in sooner is to find the sister a US husband. She might be be able to get student visas or work visas but there are significant hurdles to each

3) Student visas, tourist visas, and work visas have significant hurdles to overcome
      Thank you for the reply.

What are some of the hurdles you're speaking of? Is it the financial requirements?

Comment

Will I be able to sponsor her friend on a student visa

Comment

Do you have four years of out-of-state tuition and living expenses in the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
            Do you have four years of out-of-state tuition and living expenses in the bank?
            Yes. But say that costs 40k. And I show that I have 43k in my account, will that be enough? I have a I'll house and a 70-75k a year job.

Will I be able to sponsor her in these circumstances?

Comment

That might work. Consular officers are extra tough on applicants who rely on non-family members to provide funding. You might be underestimating the cost of school - $40k for four years sounds awfully low

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X