Staying for 4 months in USA, please advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying for 4 months in USA, please advice

Recently i got the B2 visitor visa, and in the DS-160 application i wrote that i will stay in United States for 21 days and will go by 20 April.

But now i have changed my plans and booked return ticket from 08 April - return on 25 august, total about 4.5 months.

Will it be an issue at Airport Immigration Border for this changed plans and staying so long?

Please advice

Originally posted by stevedoe View Post
    Recently i got the B2 visitor visa, and in the DS-160 application i wrote that i will stay in United States for 21 days and will go by 20 April.

But now i have changed my plans and booked return ticket from 08 April - return on 25 august, total about 4.5 months.

Will it be an issue at Airport Immigration Border for this changed plans and staying so long?

Please advice
    When you arrive at the POE, regardless of what you stated in your application, you will state your intentions to visit from April 8- August 25th. The POE officer will issue your I-94 dates (the dates you are allowed to stay in the U.S.). The maximum time that can be issued is 6 months, however, it is up to the POE officer as to what dates they wish to grant. They can issue 2 weeks, 6 months, or even deny entry. The visa is only permission to travel to the U.S. The I-94 dates determine the time you can stay here.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

USA Visitor Visa ( B1B2 Visa )

You can contact me directly. Please refer americandreamzz for my number. All the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X