Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling restrictions on K1 Visa and conditional Green Card

Hi,

I recently got my K1 visa approved and can travel to the states to marry my fiance very soon. However I also have a very lucrative job offer in another country which I want to take up and travel to after my wedding and possibly travel back and forth to US to be with my fiance (who will then be my wife) as often as I possibly can. Is this possible after I get married and change my visa status and apply for all the legal required documentations for US? Is there a condition that prohibits me from leaving the US for a certain tenure after I get my conditional green card/SSN/Work permit/DL etc? Would appreciate a comprehensive response. Thank you in advance!

No restrictions after you get your green card (conditional or otherwise). However, after you enter the US on K1, marry, and file for the green card, if you are doing this from within the US, then you need to wait until you get an approved AP, to leave the US. Or else your GC application will be deemed abandoned. Once you get your AP, you are free to travel.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you!

Appreciate the response.

Comment

job offer

Originally posted by Devilsilhouette View Post
        Hi,

I recently got my K1 visa approved and can travel to the states to marry my fiance very soon. However I also have a very lucrative job offer in another country which I want to take up and travel to after my wedding and possibly travel back and forth to US to be with my fiance (who will then be my wife) as often as I possibly can. Is this possible after I get married and change my visa status and apply for all the legal required documentations for US? Is there a condition that prohibits me from leaving the US for a certain tenure after I get my conditional green card/SSN/Work permit/DL etc? Would appreciate a comprehensive response. Thank you in advance!
        Like myself you will be stuck in the USA waiting 90 days for the work auth and advance parole. Like yourself I am a career person and have job offers on the table but I am in limbo. Better way would have been to marry first, don't enter and take the job. Then while married and working wait for the paperwork to come through. I went into USCIS at day 98 no EAD and pleaded my case, he rushed it through so now I am just waiting for it in the mail, Work auth and advance parole multi card. if you do enter make sure you fill out the advance parole document.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X