Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of getting student visa if parents have green card

Hi,

I have recently gotten in admission in VirginiaTech for a Masters course. Now my problem is that I am a Pakistani by nationality and my parents are green card holders who will be moving to the US by the end of this year. Both my brothers have green cards and will be starting a masters and undergrad course respectively this Fall in the US. As for me I don't have a Green card but I do have a US tourist visa on which I traveled once recently. I have also got a tourist visa for UK, Schengen, Japan and I have traveled to all these places quite frequently for years. My problem is that will the visa officer deny my F1 request thinking that I don't have enough strong ties with my country. Although my travel history is quite extensive and spotless. My father will be financing my education. I did apply to a few more colleges too but I only got in VTech but it is one of the top priority places I want to go so I am ok with only getting one admission. Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting this visa.

P.S: When I got my tourist visa to US, my parents were already green card holders then but it was the Obama tenure so things were pretty relaxed.

Your multiple family members having green cards (actually having immigrant visa, I believe) who are soon going to immigrate to the US can be a problem in you getting the student visa.

However, as you have B2 visa and have traveled to US and other countries, that may work in your favor.

Therefore, the best you can do is apply and try.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X