What are my options for applying OPT Stem extension? [Help]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my options for applying OPT Stem extension? [Help]

Hello, I need some advice regarding OPT stem extension. I got a job as a contractor through Modis (Adecco Group) for a client. My payroll will be run by Modis, so technically I am employed by Modis not the client. My OPT expires in July and I want to apply for STEM extension but I came to know that Employment agencies like modis, teksystems etc don’t qualify for OPT extension and I983, I765 with them listed as employer would most likely be rejected by the school and USCIS.

So, what are my options for applying OPT extension? Can anyone else who went through a similar situation share their experience and suggestions?
    Last edited by dezertfox; 04-09-2017, 08:10 PM.

If the customer of the staffing agency finds you valuable, they will not want to lose you. They lose out on productivity having to get the next employee up to speed. Talk to your supervisor and the hiring manager there to pull some strings within the firm and get you hired. Their contract with the staffing agency probably specifies some fee they will have to pay to acquire you as a direct hire

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      If the customer of the staffing agency finds you valuable, they will not want to lose you. They lose out on productivity having to get the next employee up to speed. Talk to your supervisor and the hiring manager there to pull some strings within the firm and get you hired. Their contract with the staffing agency probably specifies some fee they will have to pay to acquire you as a direct hire
      Thanks, as my Opt expires on July 10, realistically, how long should I wait before pushing this as I have to apply for extension? I mean 90 day eligibility starts from tomorrow and if things don't work out I want to have time to join a consultancy and get STEM extension through them.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X