Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CR1 Visa Priority Date

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to check the priority date for CR1 Visa in the visa bulletin. I do know that CR1/IR1 visas have no limits. But how can one check priority dates for them. Also how to check online when the Priority Date for your CR1 visa becomes current.

Thank You

Immigrant visas are available immediately (ie are always current) for immediate relatives

There is nothing to check

It will always be this way absent congressional action to change the system. As it stands, everyone else waits in line after you

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Immigrant visas are available immediately (ie are always current) for immediate relatives

There is nothing to check

It will always be this way absent congressional action to change the system. As it stands, everyone else waits in line after you
      Thanks for the reply. So what you are saying is that there is no way to check. but could you please tell me what is the estimated wait time for CR1 visa. Can one check the local US embassy and find out what the time frame would be.

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by wajid shafi View Post
        Thanks for the reply. So what you are saying is that there is no way to check. but could you please tell me what is the estimated wait time for CR1 visa. Can one check the local US embassy and find out what the time frame would be.

Thank You
        Like inadmissible said, there is nothing to "check". There is never a wait for visa numbers. The only wait is for the petition to be approved and for the consular processing to go through. Usually it takes around a year from the filing of the petition to getting the immigrant visa, but it can vary.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Petition or waiver ?

A year from the i130 petition being filed or the waiver just to clarify? I am waiting for a response for my husbands waiver so we can be scheduled for his consular interview .
          Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Like inadmissible said, there is nothing to "check". There is never a wait for visa numbers. The only wait is for the petition to be approved and for the consular processing to go through. Usually it takes around a year from the filing of the petition to getting the immigrant visa, but it can vary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bnd08 View Post
            A year from the i130 petition being filed or the waiver just to clarify? I am waiting for a response for my husbands waiver so we can be scheduled for his consular interview .
            A year from the filing of the I-130 to the getting of the immigrant visa. But it varies a lot. That's for normal cases. When a waiver is needed it will take longer.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X